Accounts, Calendars, Contacts

notforhire

Aug 29, 2016
Visit site
There’s something I can’t figure out about MSFT Exchange Activesync vs Outlook on the web. On my S22U, I have my MSFT account, and a corresponding EAS account. Generally, I understand the purpose of EAS. (yes, I have a Microsoft 365 account)

Yesterday, I moved the calendar saved to my phone to my Outlook/MSFT account. It was not long before all of those entries were moved FROM the Outlook/MSFT account to the EAS account. I figured I couldn’t fight the EAS migration, so when I moved Phone contacts, I moved them to my EAS.

All my contacts are good from within the Contacts app on my device. However, when opening the Outlook app on my phone, tablet, even on the web on my PC, my contacts are duplicated. I now have 2 of each, and they contain the exact same information. Can anyone smarter than I am (should be a lot of you out there) who is proficient in MSFT explain this issue to me? Many thanks, in advance.

And if the moderators wish to move this to another section of the forums, knock yourself out.

notforhire

Aug 29, 2016
Visit site
not for nothing, but the silence is deafening

in other news, I just spent a few hours using a sledgehammer to fix my contacts list in EAS....one at a time.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Sorry. I use my Google account for my contacts and calendar. I don't use my Microsoft account for anything on my phone other than my OneDrive backup.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

joeldf

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I have an Outlook account that I've used for around 6 years. Used it n my old BlackBerry Z10. Use it now on all my other devices - Samsung phone, Amazon Tablet, PC, and even kept it on the old Z10 that is now only a Wi-Fi device to see how long it'll stay compatible with the forced security features that are supposed to be implemented by the end of the year.

But, I have no idea of what you did.

Are you saying that you moved some device-only contacts into the MS account contacts? Do you do that using the native Samsung contact app?

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

notforhire

Aug 29, 2016
Visit site
I have an Outlook account that I've used for around 6 years. Used it n my old BlackBerry Z10. Use it now on all my other devices - Samsung phone, Amazon Tablet, PC, and even kept it on the old Z10 that is now only a Wi-Fi device to see how long it'll stay compatible with the forced security features that are supposed to be implemented by the end of the year.

But, I have no idea of what you did.

Are you saying that you moved some device-only contacts into the MS account contacts? Do you do that using the native Samsung contact app?

I moved device only contacts. Some duplicated. Some didn't make it. Native Contacts app. It doesn't matter now, since I made corrections manually. Just doesn't make sense how it would behave that way.

notforhire

Aug 29, 2016
Visit site
I very much appreciate the input on this matter. Since Google and Samsung have been consumer-first oriented from the start, their interfaces and applications have been more intuitive. MSFT has always been enterprise-first, and their efforts to "boil that down" to a more consumer friendly suite have often missed the mark. Regardless, I'm squared away on my end. If anyone has a technical explanation for what happened, I'd love to hear it. Blessings!

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I moved device only contacts. Some duplicated. Some didn't make it. Native Contacts app. It doesn't matter now, since I made corrections manually. Just doesn't make sense how it would behave that way.
Ok, now I understand. I haven't used device only contacts at all in the entire time I've used Android devices. That's why I didn't understand your question.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I very much appreciate the input on this matter. Since Google and Samsung have been consumer-first oriented from the start, their interfaces and applications have been more intuitive. MSFT has always been enterprise-first, and their efforts to "boil that down" to a more consumer friendly suite have often missed the mark. Regardless, I'm squared away on my end. If anyone has a technical explanation for what happened, I'd love to hear it. Blessings!
My guess is that it has something to do with use of device only contacts. However, I can only guess as I've never had device only contacts.

joeldf

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I will say that I never cared for how Samsung's Contacts app work. Or it's management functions. They never gave me the options I'm looking for when it comes to copying and moving. In fact, I can't just copy a contact from one account to another, but could when I used to use the BlackBerry Hub Suite Contacts app.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781