notification toggle grayed out

tismydroid

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
yes, if you enable system apps in Notifications > App notifications, the Calendar and Reminder apps appear in the list. Doesn't get rid of the greyed out toggle.

Not sure why those 2 apps are system apps.

I just checked the bride's S22U. Her Calendar app has notifications blocked. I'm wondering if, because they were blocked on her phone prior to 13, the setting carried forward?
Aha, so I enabled system apps in notification settings. Now the Calendar & Reminder apps show up in the list but with no toggle. I don't even get a greyed out toggle.Screenshot_20221208_154542_Settings.jpg

Sent from my SM-S908U using AC Forums mobile app

danhartman26

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
yes, if you enable system apps in Notifications > App notifications, the Calendar and Reminder apps appear in the list. Doesn't get rid of the greyed out toggle.

Not sure why those 2 apps are system apps.

I just checked the bride's S22U. Her Calendar app has notifications blocked. I'm wondering if, because they were blocked on her phone prior to 13, the setting carried forward?
Thanks, I forgot about the system apps toggle. Now they show up, toggles still grayed out.

notforhire

Aug 29, 2016
Visit site
pro tip: if you restore your device from Smart Switch absent the settings, you will remember a couple of days later to turn off your RAM Plus so the phone will function smoothly.

monkeycsk

Nov 30, 2017
Visit site
Apologies if this is the wrong section of the forums.

I noticed on my S22U that the option to block/disallow notifications on the native Reminder and Calendar apps are grayed out. (not so with the native Email app). I figured it was a ghost in the machine, so I restarted my phone and that did not solve the problem.

Additionally, when approaching the problem (Settings > Notifications > App notifications) from the Settings menu, the offending apps don't even appear in the list of apps. I've never seen this before, therefore, I don't have a clue as to how to fix this. Any ideas/suggestions? many thanks!

if you go into calendaro -> notification categories, are you able to toggle off 'general notifications' and 'other notifications'?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad