Text Message Issues

Steve 9

Jan 9, 2023
Visit site
Good morning all, bit frustrated with my new S22.

Issue:
When sending a photo or gif to anyone on iPhone I receive invalid destination address.

Steps I Took:
cleared message cache
Soft reset
Toggled airplane mode
Tried different messages apps (not sure why you need 2)

Vzw sent replacement s22 same issue.

Anyone make sense of this issue?

Thanks
Steve

gtt1

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
I remember reading something about this.

The Iphone user won't receive it on their iPhone until the MMS and Group Messaging options are enabled.

They may not realize that these off if they receive pictures or emojis over iMessage from other iPhone users. That's because iMessage doesn't need MMS enabled to receive pictures.

To enable MMS Messaging and Group Messaging, head to Settings > Messages > MMS Messaging and turn this on. Then, turn on Group Messaging, which is right below.

Dee74

Jun 22, 2017
Visit site
I am a little late to this post but I had the same issue, could not send pics to an iphone or send and receive group text, with an S22 ultra I purchased yesterday. I called Verizon technical assistance from a different phone at TY the Verizon store and they were able to make network changes and solved the problem in about 15 minutes. Apparently this is a common issue according to people at Verizon store.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Dee74

Jun 22, 2017
Visit site
Apparently I missed numerous group texts yesterday. While my new phone would not send or receive any group texts. Does anyone know how to recover those texts that I did not receive?

Tech Idiot

Oct 23, 2018
Visit site
I am a little late to this post but I had the same issue, could not send pics to an iphone or send and receive group text, with an S22 ultra I purchased yesterday. I called Verizon technical assistance from a different phone at TY the Verizon store and they were able to make network changes and solved the problem in about 15 minutes. Apparently this is a common issue according to people at Verizon store.

Thanks Dee...so the changes VZW made...were they on their end, or were they settings on your device? Thanks again.

Dee74

Jun 22, 2017
Visit site
Thanks Dee...so the changes VZW made...were they on their end, or were they settings on your device? Thanks again.
The changes seemed to be on their end. The tech asked me to power down the phone, and then it took a few minutes for the changes. He kept giving me updates like we are at 20% progress, 80%..... so on. When he asked me to power up my phone again and test it, my group messaging worked, and I was able to send and receive messages to iPhone. And I could send and receive pictures again.

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Apple needs to change to rms like Google has asked them to do but in apples eye they said no.

Tech Idiot

Oct 23, 2018
Visit site
The changes seemed to be on their end. The tech asked me to power down the phone, and then it took a few minutes for the changes. He kept giving me updates like we are at 20% progress, 80%..... so on. When he asked me to power up my phone again and test it, my group messaging worked, and I was able to send and receive messages to iPhone. And I could send and receive pictures again.

Got it. Thanks. Reason I asked is apparently VZW was having some "text messaging" problems in early late December and early January. I too lost the ability to participate fully in group texts. I went from receiving only, but my replies would fail, to not receiving, but individuals would get the replies -- but individually, and not in the group text.

If I wasn't such a creature of habit, and wasn't so technically overwhelmed, I would leave VZW and head to ATT. I just can't bring myself to do it, LOL.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site

Thank you for sharing your experience! I'm sure it will be helpful for others who are in the same boat!