Samsung unpack invent

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Yall have fun with your new phones. I'm still salty that I got rid of my note 20 ultra for the exact same phone with the s22 ultra. Lol

What are the differences between the s22 and the 23 besides camera ?

Sent from my SM-S908U using AC Forums mobile app

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm still happy with my S22 Ultra, and the trade in from Samsung for the unlocked is terrible, so I'm staying with the S22 Ultra.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
The a16 apple chip still kills the s23 so far let's see how it is after a month plus if sales are low Samsung may higher the trade in values.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

nuangel2

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
No sir i owe 365 with tmobile for the s23 ultra

I think it depends on your plan. I don't know this it my experience yesterday. I have tmobile but have unlocked pd in full S22 ultra 512 it offered me 500 for trade in. I wanted S23 ultra unlocked 512 gb cream. That was my total to purchase. I didn't and went to rakuten, Samsung. Com got same trade in but with credits my total was 660.And I could use affirm. So unlocked S23 512gb sky blue coming my way. Blue is my favorite color.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using AC Forums mobile app

nuangel2

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
I think it depends on your plan. I don't know this it my experience yesterday. I have tmobile but have unlocked pd in full S22 ultra 512 it offered me 500 for trade in. I wanted S23 ultra unlocked 512 gb cream. That was my total to purchase. I didn't and went to rakuten, Samsung. Com got same trade in but with credits my total was 660.And I could use affirm. So unlocked S23 512gb sky blue coming my way. Blue is my favorite color.

Also got first responder and Samsung credits toward purchase and 15% from Rakuten.

Lawrie Sherratt

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site
I pre ordered the S23 Ultra 512gb (free storage upgrade from 256gb) in green. Only £610 trade in so not the best here in the UK.

Also snagged a Galaxy book 3 Pro 360 1TB (again 1TB for the price of 512gb) the only downer was that the 1TB comes only in Graphite, I would have chosen the Beige but it is what it is!

Hmmm. Same but I ordered red witha £620 pre order.

notforhire

Aug 29, 2016
Visit site
I'm sticking with the S22U. If the modern flagship smartphone world was a game of musical chairs, it sounds like the music has stopped. I'm surprised to see the carriers going old-school with the contracts.

Sent from my SM-S908U1

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm sticking with the S22U. If the modern flagship smartphone world was a game of musical chairs, it sounds like the music has stopped. I'm surprised to see the carriers going old-school with the contracts.

Sent from my SM-S908U1
Not really surprising really. They'll do anything they can to lock you to their network and what better way than owning on a device?

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Not really surprising really. They'll do anything they can to lock you to their network and what better way than owning on a device?

If you're like me and been with a carrier for 23 years it's highly unlikely I will be going anywhere anytime soon. If I do, well the phone I'm getting will probably fetch $500+ on Swappa, so I can just sell it and pay $500 or less to leave depending on when I leave in that contact term. Not to mention carriers are always offering extra incentives to come over to them to help defray the cost.

Contracts have always had a ETF, used to be $350 I think before device payments.

If you bounce carrier to carrier then high trade in credits probably aren't the way to go. I don't like the 36 month payments either, but I'm not going anywhere and $5.55 a month isn't going to break me. I usually buy my phones direct thru Samsung anyway. So this time I went the carrier route.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Lol I still owe $1000 on my S22 Ultra 512GB. I'm getting monthly credits from my V60 that I don't want to lose so I'll be keeping it.

In the real world the S23 doesn't seem to be much of an upgrade so I don't feel like I'm missing out.

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I just played with the s23 ultra at best buy and can't see or feel any difference from my S22 ultra. Going to keep mine until someone raises the trade in values period.

nuangel2

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
I preordered a skyblue S23 ultra 512 on Feb 1st. I wanted blue last year and Samsung kept messing up my order. So I bought my white unlocked S22 ultra at best buy last year. I wish trade in was 200.00 better but I got 500. Credits, first responder and other Samsung ones. Got it for 660 plus freebies. I am happy. I like new tech. But with these trades it won't be till S25 next time.

waqqas31

Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
Well, as the reviews have started coming in, it is reported that Samsung hasn't addressed the issue of blurry photos of kids that won't sit still (which was kind of a watershed issue for me--currently with a S22 Ultra), so all temptation I had to upgrade has now officially ceased...unless I could do it for free, of course

Sent from my SM-S908W using Tapatalk

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Well, as the reviews have started coming in, it is reported that Samsung hasn't addressed the issue of blurry photos of kids that won't sit still (which was kind of a watershed issue for me--currently with a S22 Ultra), so all temptation I had to upgrade has now officially ceased...unless I could do it for free, of course

Sent from my SM-S908W using Tapatalk
You're also talking about phone that has not been released yet and does not have the final software updates to it either so I would wait until they're released cast judgment. Imo

I remember using a Kodak 110 camera. Blurry pictures where the least of our concerns is that camera. This camera walks all over that one even with blurry pictures.

Sent from my SM-F936U1 using Tapatalk

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Yall have fun with your new phones. I'm still salty that I got rid of my note 20 ultra for the exact same phone with the s22 ultra. Lol

What are the differences between the s22 and the 23 besides camera ?

I was totally crushed last year when my Note 20 Ultra crashed in Daytona while we were on vacation! The AT&T Store didn't have any so they shoved an S22 Ultra in my my hands and, like you sweetypie, it's been O.K., but I still think the Note was a better device!

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
You're also talking about phone that has not been released yet and does not have the final software updates to it either so I would wait until they're released cast judgment. Imo

I remember using a Kodak 110 camera. Blurry pictures where the least of our concerns is that camera. This camera walks all over that one even with blurry pictures.

That's true. Back when film was a thing, I had to use a 35mm SLR with an extremely fast shutter speed to capture anyone or anything that moved.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site

We've reached a point where there's no reason to think they'll actually fix it. Shutter speed/blurry pet and kid pictures have been a problem for a long time now. If Samsung would actually address this I might actually leave my Pixel behind. Until then, I'll stay Team Pixel.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using AC Forums mobile app