Anyone else juiced up for 200mp sensor?!

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I am definitely looking to see how it improves on zooming in distant objects in pictures, but honestly, I want to see what they did to improve the 100x space zoom because I loved the post processing of the S22U. I saw a review online that said that the S22U seemed sharper than the S23U with the 100x space zoon, but then the S23U excelled with facial textures.. S22U always made me feel like I was spying on people when I was using 100x space zoom. :)

azdmelani

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I am definitely looking to see how it improves on zooming in distant objects in pictures, but honestly, I want to see what they did to improve the 100x space zoom because I loved the post processing of the S22U. I saw a review online that said that the S22U seemed sharper than the S23U with the 100x space zoon, but then the S23U excelled with facial textures.. S22U always made me feel like I was spying on people when I was using 100x space zoom. :)
I call my phone my super spy camera.

I was at a concert at MSG in the fall. My friend was in a box allllll the way across the arena. I was able to find her and take a picture of her with my s22 ultra

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Although I have my expectations managed, I use my camera phone more and more for pictures I want to keep. So any improvements will be welcomed.

Emig5m

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
The 100MP on the S22U is sub-par IMO. I was taking a bunch of mountain/river pictures on a gloomy fall morning and the 100MP was really lacking dynamic range and pop compared to the regular mode which looked better. I think the high MP is a gimmick in all but maybe super bright daylight with no clouds. Even when I zoomed in I couldn't detect any more detail.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Phones are going through the game megapixel war that regular cameras did, where items asunder a higher number always means better. I'm willing to bet that 200MP sensor will be pixel binned down to 50MP, and still be of questionable quality due to sensor noise.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
I'm experienced enough with photography to know they'd need to spend hundreds on the lens to actually resolve that kind of detail, the 200mp images won't be nearly as detailed as one would expect.

What I'm curious to see is how well the pixel binning works now that it will combine more pixels, they claim its a big jump in low light.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Phones are going through the game megapixel war that regular cameras did, where items asunder a higher number always means better. I'm willing to bet that 200MP sensor will be pixel binned down to 50MP, and still be of questionable quality due to sensor noise.

From what I've read it combines 16 pixels to create 12.5mp images.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I'm experienced enough with photography to know they'd need to spend hundreds on the lens to actually resolve that kind of detail, the 200mp images won't be nearly as detailed as one would expect.

What I'm curious to see is how well the pixel binning works now that it will combine more pixels, they claim its a big jump in low light.
I also heard the glass has been changed on the camera for clearer sharper image and glare

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

That and make the sensor larger which is physically impossible unless the make the device thicker.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith