Fingerprint Sensor?

Tempest790

Feb 23, 2016
Visit site
So much talk about the camera, I can't find anything definitive if Samsung upgraded to the new Qualcomm 3D sensor. Half the websites out there say it does have the latest and the other half say no. I'm upgrading from an S20+ so I'm hoping for a big improvement with the S23 series.

Sent from my SM-T870 using AC Forums mobile app

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
That's true, I wonder as well. All that pre talk that the sensor may also be bigger as well. No mention of it during unpacked.

Sent from my SM-F936U1 using Tapatalk

jamezr

Trusted Member
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I am not sure how much better the FPS can get right now? What I would rather see is face unlock similar to what Google did on the Pixel 4 XL or Apple FaceID.
IMHO that would enhance the user experince more than FPS improvements. But have both on new flagship phones

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I am not sure how much better the FPS can get right now? What I would rather see is face unlock similar to what Google did on the Pixel 4 XL or Apple FaceID.
IMHO that would enhance the user experince more than FPS improvements. But have both on new flagship phones

I don't think they can do it with that single hole punch because you'd need an additional sensor to make it as secure as you'd want. So, we're kind of stuck with the less secure face unlock.

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
This was the first video I could find with a preview of the fingerprint sensor. It looks like the fingerprint guide moves around while he inputs his finger so it looks like it has the larger area of the Sonic Max. You can see it briefly at the 2:15 mark.

https://youtu.be/7z7fwS2Nxck?t=134

Sent from my SM-T870 using AC Forums mobile app

Oh wow, that certainly makes it seem like it's at least a larger sensor. Nice catch.

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
I so hoped that Samsung would put the fingerprint sensor on the power button for the s²³ the same way it is on my Samsung Fold³

That option is so much more accurate and convenient, well for me anyway.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I so hoped that Samsung would put the fingerprint sensor on the power button for the s²³ the same way it is on my Samsung Fold³

That option is so much more accurate and convenient, well for me anyway.
I myself prefer the under screen. It's obvious everyone will have different opinions here.

I think the under screen are better for left hand dominant users. I'm not left handed, but I can only imagine the lefties would prefer under screen.

Sent from my SM-X800 using Tapatalk

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I myself prefer the under screen. It's obvious everyone will have different opinions here.

I think the under screen are better for left hand dominant users. I'm not left handed, but I can only imagine the lefties would prefer under screen.

I'm a Lefty but hold it in my right hand and like the power button and fingerprint sensor on Fold 4

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm a Lefty but hold it in my right hand and like the power button and fingerprint sensor on Fold 4
I've just seen a few people complain about button being on the right side or left handed. I just know for me if the buttons were on the left side being right-handed it would fill awkward to me. I'm guessing probably just train yourself over the years because buttons are usually on the right just a thought. I get it there's probably people that like it on the right side also so no matter what Samsung does there will always be people that don't like it the way it is. Can't satisfy everybody can we.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I've just seen a few people complain about button being on the right side or left handed. I just know for me if the buttons were on the left side being right-handed it would fill awkward to me. I'm guessing probably just train yourself over the years because buttons are usually on the right just a thought. I get it there's probably people that like it on the right side also so no matter what Samsung does there will always be people that don't like it the way it is. Can't satisfy everybody can we.

True , snack dab in middle should be a medium ground for everyone but never liked button on left side of the phone

Sent from my SM-F721U1 using Tapatalk

danhartman26

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
I liked it on the back of the Note 9 too, once I got used to it. My finger just naturally went to that spot whenever I picked up the phone.

However, since I got used to the underscreen, I prefer it now. I don't even have to pick up my phone if it is lying on my desk. I just touch the in screen FPS, and it's unlocked.

Phone makers will never be able to make everyone happy, so I figure I'll just get used to whatever configuration they decide to go with. As long as the rest of the phone suits my needs...

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using AC Forums mobile app

andee1517

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
I liked it on the power button on the flip. Rarely had a miss. Now has broken (WAH!!) hinge sadly so I bought a N20 to use for trade-in and I keep going to press the power button to unlock.

I am also left handed but do a lot with my right hand too. Always start with a fingerprint on my right hand and then eventually might do one on my left hand.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site

I'm a righty but like the under screen FPS the best. I use my thumbs and index fingers of both hands for FPS.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
True , snack dab in middle should be a medium ground for everyone but never liked button on left side of the phone

Sent from my SM-F721U1 using Tapatalk
I also like the buttons on the right side. I always press something accidentally when picking up the phone when buttons are on the left side of the phone.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
linda6969