S23+ vs S23U

h2ofun

Sep 7, 2017
Visit site
Trying to decide which one to get. Of course, marketing makes the 200mp lense a big deal but, I have yet to read a review for what I need it for, and thats recording HD video, which I do today on my note 8, and hate the auto focus!!

I also hate the curved screen. So the S22+ is a flat screen, smaller, and lighter. But, if the extra camera on the S23U takes better video than what the S23+ can do, ...

So, what are folks thoughts?

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I personally don't really see the value of the+. Apparently the Ultra screen is barely curved now, and the extra $200 gets you a lot really... Although it's fair to say they are ridiculously expensive, it's hard to imagine someone being able to afford the + and not being able to stretch to the Ultra.

This is just, like, my opinion man. If anyone prefers the + for whatever reason, they should definitely go for it. But if you're on the fence, I say you may as well go all out.

fjd726

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
I have the s22 Ultra now and wanted to trade in for the s23 Plus as the Ultra is too damn big....... Just an unwieldy phone day to day. Not doing it as the trade-ins for the Ultra are horrendous right now.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I have the s22 Ultra now and wanted to trade in for the s23 Plus as the Ultra is too damn big....... Just an unwieldy phone day to day. Not doing it as the trade-ins for the Ultra are horrendous right now.

Actually, that is fair. I much prefer the form and feel of my Flip 4. But the size is probably the only plus for the +. And it has the Knock-on of a smaller battery...

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Actually, that is fair. I much prefer the form and feel of my Flip 4. But the size is probably the only plus for the +. And it has the Knock-on of a smaller battery...

I agree... after carrying around a real jean-stretcher for years ;) the Flip is a revelation in comfort. How's your screen protector holding up?

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I agree... after carrying around a real jean-stretcher for years ;) the Flip is a revelation in comfort. How's your screen protector holding up?

Mine is fine so far, and I keep it folded unless I'm using it. It is definitely a concern I can understand people having though.