Android Jellybean 4.1.2

crester

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
So when do you think we'll get the 4.1.2 update? Are you guys looking forward to some of the extra features added by Samsung in this update? Or do you think it's just gimmicky features you won't use?

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
What I look most forward to in 4.1.2 is battery life. I am told and I have seen that battery life has been VERY much improved in 4.1.2.
But once feature I am very much looking foward to, which is the Photo Sphere, doesn't appear to be available until 4.2 :(

mssca

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
It looks like that Telus (at least) have been testing it. However, they refused to tell me any time frame for 4.1.2 release. I hope it won't be mid 2013. :(

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
It looks like that Telus (at least) have been testing it. However, they refused to tell me any time frame for 4.1.2 release. I hope it won't be mid 2013. :(

Well if they are testing it, that's a good sign, hope it's out soon! Usually Telus is behind Rogers and Bell for upgrades, but maybe for once they will be ahead of the game. I look forward to it!

I just sent Telus an email, I guess the more pressure the better asking them an approx release date on JB 4.1.2 for the SGH-I747M
I am sure I will get back the typical "There is no date avail" BS. But the more pressure the better.

Last edited:

mssca

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
Well if they are testing it, that's a good sign, hope it's out soon! Usually Telus is behind Rogers and Bell for upgrades, but maybe for once they will be ahead of the game. I look forward to it!

I just sent Telus an email, I guess the more pressure the better asking them an approx release date on JB 4.1.2 for the SGH-I747M
I am sure I will get back the typical "There is no date avail" BS. But the more pressure the better.

Also, I think this "testing" is BS... If the OS has been tested several times in several different service providers around the world already, Telus and others in Canada should not take this long to "test" it since they are already late to the party. Since they don't earn any money out of OS updates, they take soooo long to do it.

dfdesign

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site

Interestingly enough, I requested the same for 4.1.1 and received the same type of reply "soon. Replied quoting all the world wide providers that had released already implying that TELUS was late getting into the game and seemed to be quite far behind. The update showed up the same week. So who knows maybe we will see it sooner rather than later... :)

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Here is the official reply from Telus:

Hello Kevin,

I am happy to assist you with your inquiry; please be advised that TELUS is always working with manufacturers to provide software updates for our hardware. There is extensive testing involved with releasing an update, to ensure that the software will be fully compatible with our network and services.

For this reason, I am unable to confirm if or when this update will be made available for the Samsung Galaxy S3. I would recommend that you keep checking the support page for this model, where any update will be announced, at the following link:

Overview?|? Samsung Galaxy S III??|? Phones & Devices?|? Support?|? TELUS Mobility

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Okay it really sucks that Jelly Bean 4.1.2 is rolling out on the S2 international in some areas, BEFORE we are getting it on the S3 SGH-I747M

anon(823957)

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Here is the official reply from Telus:

Hello Kevin,

I am happy to assist you with your inquiry; please be advised that TELUS is always working with manufacturers to provide software updates for our hardware. There is extensive testing involved with releasing an update, to ensure that the software will be fully compatible with our network and services.

For this reason, I am unable to confirm if or when this update will be made available for the Samsung Galaxy S3. I would recommend that you keep checking the support page for this model, where any update will be announced, at the following link:

Overview | Samsung Galaxy S III? | Phones & Devices | Support | TELUS Mobility

You can tell this guy is clueless. "I am unable to confirm if or when this update will be made available for the Samsung Galaxy S3."

We all know its coming - Just no idea when.

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
You can tell this guy is clueless. "I am unable to confirm if or when this update will be made available for the Samsung Galaxy S3."

We all know its coming - Just no idea when.

Typical from Telus, they are always clueless.

crester

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Honestly I would just relax when it comes to OS updates. There's no point in losing sleep over not having the absolute latest OS... it's not like your phone doesn't work if you don't have the latest OS.

I used to always want the latest OS... but then I changed when I realized a lot of times the obvious changes are actually really small. So when 4.1.2 comes.. it comes... :)

Steven S

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
the delay is so that samsung can add the bloatware for american carriers and bell, rogers and telus.. and modify/restrict the os per the illegal wishes of these carriers .. when the carrier is satisfied that their crap is loaded and restrictions are in place, then Samsung is given the go ahead to push the update

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Honestly I would just relax when it comes to OS updates. There's no point in losing sleep over not having the absolute latest OS... it's not like your phone doesn't work if you don't have the latest OS.

I used to always want the latest OS... but then I changed when I realized a lot of times the obvious changes are actually really small. So when 4.1.2 comes.. it comes... :)

I normally don't care too much either, but I have been told the small changes from 4.1.1 to 4.1.2 have made a HUGE difference in battery life

bassmig

May 25, 2012
Visit site
I must admit that I haven't noticed veru much bloatware in the Telus update. Nothing compared to what all of my other devices had, and nowhere near as much as what I used to get with Rogers. I hope the update does have a battery improvement. Even though I can't imagine it will make enough difference that I will need to charge it minumum daily if not a few times a day.

crester

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm not affected by Rogers bloatware either. I know there's a bunch of Rogers apps installed on the phone... but you can "disable" all of them so they aren't installed anymore. Now the only Rogers apps on my phone are the ones I want... which is pretty much only the "My Account" app.

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I must admit that I haven't noticed veru much bloatware in the Telus update. Nothing compared to what all of my other devices had, and nowhere near as much as what I used to get with Rogers. I hope the update does have a battery improvement. Even though I can't imagine it will make enough difference that I will need to charge it minumum daily if not a few times a day.

I agree Telus did do a great job with next to nothing for bloatware

Marshal Beard

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I'm a bit late for the thread but whatever. I'm experiencing a problem where I get an error saying "No sim card detected. Insert sim card and restart your phone blahblahblah" I usually get it once every week and Rogers told me that it happens to some users sometimes when they lose connection to and can't find any other signals afterward. They said that 4.1.2 will fix the issue.

While I'm here, does anyone know of any good kernals to overclock the i747m GPU?

crester

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm a bit late for the thread but whatever. I'm experiencing a problem where I get an error saying "No sim card detected. Insert sim card and restart your phone blahblahblah" I usually get it once every week and Rogers told me that it happens to some users sometimes when they lose connection to and can't find any other signals afterward. They said that 4.1.2 will fix the issue.

While I'm here, does anyone know of any good kernals to overclock the i747m GPU?

Start another thread man...