Can we now kick and scream at the price Rogers, Bell and Telus charging us?

I have the 6gb plan promo plan.

Any suggestions on plans?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    01-16-2013 08:22 PM
    I am with Telus, my plan is as follows:
    -Unlimited local incoming and outgoing calls
    -Unlimited local and international incoming and outgoing text messages including MMS
    -Voice mail, call display and call waiting.
    -1GB Data
    $60.00 a month

It's all I need and coming off my old plan where I only got 500MB data, 200 minutes and 10 favs and I was paying 7 bucks more for the calls display and voicemail, so 67 total, I am happy with this pricing. The only thing that could have made it better, was if they said we could have 5 favs for anywhere in canada for long distance.
    01-17-2013 04:23 AM
    6GB Super Plan from the Summer. Works for me. I'd keep your eyes open for sales on price plans. Best part is that you don't need a 3 year term anymore for the good plans. So get a Nexus 4 (IF you can) and sign up for a m2m plan and switch when the "premium" plans come out!
    01-17-2013 11:15 AM
    6GB Super Plan from the Summer. Works for me. I'd keep your eyes open for sales on price plans. Best part is that you don't need a 3 year term anymore for the good plans. So get a Nexus 4 (IF you can) and sign up for a m2m plan and switch when the "premium" plans come out!
    I am happy with me S3. And not sure about the others, but with Telus, they are actually pretty good about changing a plan, even while ON a 3 year contract. They allowed it and did it for me when I complained while I had my Blackberry. So I am sure they would work with me again considering I have been a customer for over 10 years.
    01-17-2013 12:35 PM
    I'm with Telus and my plan pretty much rocks.... I have unlimited Nationwide calling, 5 gig shared data, Unlimited messaging, caller id/vm 3 for $60.00
    And when I got my S3 before Christmas it was 0.00 on a 3 year contract, plus i got a 125.00 gift card from Best Buy.
    01-17-2013 09:57 PM
    I'm with Telus and my plan pretty much rocks.... I have unlimited Nationwide calling, 5 gig shared data, Unlimited messaging, caller id/vm 3 for $60.00
    And when I got my S3 before Christmas it was 0.00 on a 3 year contract, plus i got a 125.00 gift card from Best Buy.
    Leanne, where are you located? Telus Ontario or out West? If you are in Ontario, and got that price I am calling to and MOAN! That is for damn sure! I also made an error above, I pay 70 a month not 60 for what I have! Did they give you some crazy SAVE plan not to goto another provider? Damit I should have fought harder, now that I am locked they won't care!
    01-18-2013 06:37 AM
    I'm in BC. I got this plan for 3 of my lines.... I was able to add the tablet share for my iPad for 15 so I have 15 gigs of data for 3 phones and an iPad....

I talked really nicely to L&R....
    01-18-2013 06:42 PM
    With Telus I currently have the following. I work 9-5 and have Wi-Fi access at work and at home, I have never even come close to my limits.

1GB data
    fav 10
    unlimitted messaging
    caller id/voicemail 10
    200 daytime minutes
    30 long distance
    5PM evening and weekends

for $50 on 2 lines.
    01-18-2013 07:15 PM
    With Telus I currently have the following. I work 9-5 and have Wi-Fi access at work and at home, I have never even come close to my limits.

1GB data
    fav 10
    unlimitted messaging
    caller id/voicemail 10
    200 daytime minutes
    30 long distance
    5PM evening and weekends

for $50 on 2 lines.
    That is pretty much my old plan on my Blackberry.

I'm in BC. I got this plan for 3 of my lines.... I was able to add the tablet share for my iPad for 15 so I have 15 gigs of data for 3 phones and an iPad....

I talked really nicely to L&R....
    I think a lot to do with it is you are in BC and have 3 lines. Where I just have 1, makes a big difference. I would love the free anytime nationwide calling though!
    01-19-2013 07:24 AM
    I am with Telus, my plan is as follows:
    -Unlimited local incoming and outgoing calls
    -Unlimited local and international incoming and outgoing text messages including MMS
    -Voice mail, call display and call waiting.
    -1GB Data
    $60.00 a month

It's all I need and coming off my old plan where I only got 500MB data, 200 minutes and 10 favs and I was paying 7 bucks more for the calls display and voicemail, so 67 total, I am happy with this pricing. The only thing that could have made it better, was if they said we could have 5 favs for anywhere in canada for long distance.
    I have the same plan here.... I think it will be enough for most people.

- - - Updated - - -

1GB data
    fav 10
    unlimitted messaging
    caller id/voicemail 10
    200 daytime minutes
    30 long distance
    5PM evening and weekends

for $50 on 2 lines.
    Wow... now this is a great plan... I should talk to them...
    mhinc likes this.
    01-19-2013 09:54 PM
    I have the same plan here.... I think it will be enough for most people.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow... now this is a great plan... I should talk to them...
    I think I would rather have the unlimited local calling over the 10 favs if I had the choice of one or the other. BOTH would be amazing!
    But in this case. I like my unlimited local incoming and outgoing calling.
    01-20-2013 05:33 AM
    SaskTel:

Unlimited data throttled after 10GB
    Unlimited local calling
    150 minutes of long distance
    Unlimited texting
    Call display

$65/month

I'm not sure how some of you can get by with a 1GB plan for data. I've been over that threshold every month since I've got this phone.
    01-21-2013 01:05 PM
    I am with Virgin Mobile on a month-to-month basis (no contract):

2 GB data
    Unlimited Canada-wide calling
    Unlimited text and picture messages worldwide
    Call display and voicemail 10

$57 per month

My younger brother is with Wind Mobile and has unlimited everything on his S3 for $30 a month, but he admits that the service is dodgy.
    02-13-2013 08:23 PM
    I am with Virgin Mobile on a month-to-month basis (no contract):

2 GB data
    Unlimited Canada-wide calling
    Unlimited text and picture messages worldwide
    Call display and voicemail 10

$57 per month

My younger brother is with Wind Mobile and has unlimited everything on his S3 for $30 a month, but he admits that the service is dodgy.
    That is the ONLY reason I didn't go with Wind, especially in the Niagara Falls area. They just don't have the coverage yet, I figure in 3 years either Telus will HAVE to compete. Or Wind will be even better and I can switch upon next contract update. Wind and I believe SPRINT are going to be merging and that should bring even BETTER packages.
    We shall see. The big boys ( Rogers, Telus and Bell ) Better step up with some better packages soon or wind is going to take over when they get better coverage.
    02-14-2013 09:20 AM
    We just recently got Bell and other providers in the Northern Ontario area. We signed up with a promo plan in December...this is what we get:
    - Unlimited Canada Wide Calling
    - Unlimited local/long distance minutes
    - No roaming charges in Canada
    - Unlimited international and local picture/video/txt's
    - 6 Gb of Data
    - Call Display, Call Waiting and Voicemail 25
    - 10 hours per month of mobile TV (does not count towards your data)
    For $50.00 a month.

We recently moved to a new province and the bell store told us that we could get a local number but couldn't keep the plan...so we said forget it and kept our numbers and plans. For the same plan in another city was $115 per month. NO THANKS!...lol
    02-18-2013 04:02 PM
    Rogers-

200 anytime minutes
    unlimited evenings and weekends
    unlimited texting picture messaging etc
    caller id and voicemail
    3 gigs of data
    my 10

73 bucks a month plus taxes and fees.
    02-26-2013 05:31 PM
    I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post. It didn't mentioned the S3 for Fido. But I got a nice plan today thought I'd share

300 daytime minutes
    400MB LTE Data
    unlimited evening (6pm) and weekend
    unlimited text (international)
    voice msg/ caller ID

$40month on 2 year contract (no 911, no access fee)
    $5/200MB extra data

The S3 costs $100, but the store guy waived it so I got the phone for free
    03-31-2013 01:37 AM
    My plan

Fab 10 Promo 65 - 36M
    200 anytime local minutes
    Unlimited nights (6 p.m. - 7 a.m.) and weekends (6 p.m. Friday - 7 a.m. Monday)
    Message Centre & Call Display
    National Fab 10 - Text & Talk
    Text Messaging - Unlimited Package
    Unlimited Picture and Video Messaging
    Basic Long Distance Rate
    Email & Internet 1GB Flex
    Mobile TV included - $5 value

$65 a month and its not a bad package. Better than I had with my Blackberry. I'm upgrading my phone soon and will be keeping this package. I don't think its offered anymore.
    04-04-2013 07:59 PM
    Rogers

300 Daytime Minutes
    Unlimited Incoming Calls
    Unlimited Evenings/Weekends @ 5pm
    Unlimited Network Calling (Rogers, Fido, Rogers Home Phone)
    1000 Canadian Long Distance Minutes
    My5
    Call Display, Voicemail
    Unlimited Text Messaging
    6GB Data

$65 AFTER tax.
    04-05-2013 10:55 AM