Phone Upgrade

nd1983

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm i'm thinking about doing a hardware upgrade from my current phone to either an S3 or S4.

i had a HTC Dream when it was first released but traded it when the device crashed on me for a non Android OS. I currently have a Berry 9900 and an GT-7500r.

any advice or suggestions?

right now Rogers has a 32GB S3 onsale for $0.00 on a 3year, so i'm debating about holding out until 4-6weeks after the release of the S4 and getting it or getting the S3 sooner.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I'm i'm thinking about doing a hardware upgrade from my current phone to either an S3 or S4.

i had a HTC Dream when it was first released but traded it when the device crashed on me for a non Android OS. I currently have a Berry 9900 and an GT-7500r.

any advice or suggestions?

right now Rogers has a 32GB S3 onsale for $0.00 on a 3year, so i'm debating about holding out until 4-6weeks after the release of the S4 and getting it or getting the S3 sooner.

I would get a note 2 or hold out for S4.
Note 2 is not regrettable where as I can see regretting getting an S3 if the S4 is better.

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I'd say if you have to sign a 3 year contract (crazy!!), wait for the latest and greatest (S4 or HTC One). They're both nice looking phones. Best thing to do is to play with both and see which one feels better. Beyond that, they'll both give you top-notch performance. If you're a family man, the HTC One's camera features, video highlights and Zoes seem like a good fit, but the S4's mostly no-nonsense approach and higher quality sensor might do you just fine as well.

See, I didn't really give much advice worth anything here. It's truly a difficult thing to advise others on phone purchases. Just judge your needs and go from there -- but yes, I'd wait for the next gen to come around with that long of a contract to sign.

nd1983

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I would get a note 2 or hold out for S4.
Note 2 is not regrettable where as I can see regretting getting an S3 if the S4 is better.

my wife has a Note 1 and chews through the battery so that was a concern but i did have that thought in the back of my head. whats the difference between the S3 S4 and Note 2?

Cole2kb - i'd rather stick with a Samsung just for personal reasons, i had 1 bad experience with HTC before, but yea i may have to play with both which is hard for me because all the dealers here just have a demo phone thats like an empty shell. and Yes a 3 year contract is normal for Rogers or Bell

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
my wife has a Note 1 and chews through the battery so that was a concern but i did have that thought in the back of my head. whats the difference between the S3 S4 and Note 2?

Cole2kb - i'd rather stick with a Samsung just for personal reasons, i had 1 bad experience with HTC before, but yea i may have to play with both which is hard for me because all the dealers here just have a demo phone thats like an empty shell. and Yes a 3 year contract is normal for Rogers or Bell

Note 1 and Note 2 battery life is not even close. My wife has the note 1 and she will charge almost twice before I need to

nd1983

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Well I got a sweet deal on a Note 2 so thats what i got. hardest part was finding a screen protector and case. any advice on useful apps?