Using the default mail app that came with my phone; when I go to compose a new email and I start typing an email address I get a list of emails available from my contact list to choose from. what I noticed today is that there is a number of contacts that:
    1) I don't see in my contacts but yet they show up in the mail client
    2) I noticed that these contacts/email addresses are those from spam emails that I received. These are emails that are automatically going to my Spam folder (yahoo mail app and my Rogers/Yahoo internet site).

Does anyone know anything about this and how I can check for all of these address without having to start typing every combination of letters? And how to get rid of them?
    I'd appreciate any help.
    03-28-2013 03:30 AM
    Go into your contacts on the desktop (PC) version of Gmail. There is a tab on the right that has other contacts. Every single email address you've sent is located here. You can delete them here and they won't show in your list anymore as long as you sync with it.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Android Central Forums
    03-28-2013 08:09 AM
    Thanks. I tried that but it didn't work. I really just got a Gmail account when I got my phone and haven't been using it so I am assuming that this is somehow buried in my Rogers/Yahoo accounts. I will try to follow your advice and see If I can do something similar with Rogers instead of Gmail. I will also look at what is and isn't being synced on my phone.

If anyone has any other thoughts I'd appreciate it.
    Thank you
    03-28-2013 02:11 PM
    Go into the Play Store, and pick up Contacts Remover. If you're synced with your computer, when you delete them from the phone, they'll also delete from your computer.
    03-28-2013 02:20 PM
    I have had a similar issue. I had unwanted contacts show up when I wanted to compose an email using the default Android email app.
    I searched and searched for a "cache" or something that would be holding these. I finally did the following:
    1: Go to the Apps Menu
    2: Press and hold the Email App icon and drag it up to "App Info" at top of screen and release. This will bring you into the App manager for that App
    3: First I selected "Clear Data". Try this first and then test. If it doesn't help, do the above 2 steps again and select "Clear Data"

"WARNING"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In doing this you will remove your email accounts within the app. You will need to go in after this removal process and re add your email account(s)
    4: After selecting "Clear Data" run your Email App and re add your email accounts.

In the end, when I did this I went back in to my email App, selected compose email and tested for one of the unwanted contacts and it did not auto fill.

Hope this helps, Please let me know.
    07-31-2016 11:34 AM