Some text messages won't send

K1drobt

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
It happens randomly. I would send a text message and exit out of the messaging app then when I check later on say about a few minutes later I see that it hasn't sent and has a loading symbol beside the message. It's happening a lot more randomly now then before. Anyone know what's going on?

K1drobt

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone think it might be because of the amount of text messages that are in my phone? I probably got around over 150000 texts in total. I've also been noticing that when I would be using AirDroid while sending texts it would take forever to load and times where it would randomly disconnect

- - - Updated - - -

Does anyone think it might be because of the amount of text messages that are in my phone? I probably got around over 150000 texts in total. I've also been noticing that when I would be using AirDroid while sending texts it would take forever to load and times where it would randomly disconnect

Tony_YYZ

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
There is no reason for you to have that many text messages stored in your phone. I would delete them first and see if your issue is resolved.

Beesan

May 9, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem and I don't know why, but it only started happening like two days ago . I don't think it's because of amount of messages you have, because I only have few.

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I probably got around over 150000 texts in total.

Why? What reason could you possibly have to have THAT many texts stored. Franky I would say you have answered your own question. Deleted your 150000 texts. If that doesn't work talk to your provider, it could be a signal issue. Either way it's not the phone it's either user error or provider in my opinion

Xuefeng LeeSong

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
im having a problem receiving, and sending out text messages on my tmobile gs4. i restarted it a few times, and reboot it. Still the same problem.......this is wierd. i need help!

Strider2112

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
If you need to keep that many texts, I might suggest using some sort of cloud or sd card based storage system. I'm not sure if there are ways to store Text Messages, but I know that with my BlackBerry I could. There is probably either an sms app that can do it, or a different app that will move all the texts for you.

That way you have all your texts, and they aren't being stored in the sms app causing issues.

EmiiNicolee

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Some people only recieve half of a message I send them. And, If a message is more than a few lines long it won't send to certain people. And, the length of the message it does allow me to send to those people is getting shorter and shorter. Can I fix this or do I need to take it in to get looked at?

sean debuit

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
You know what, this is happening to me too. This means I have to take the time to get adept at something that I had'nt planned on. In fact its time I won't get back. By the way I did dump all my other messages ect ect. But the long term solution is actually more radical. Get rid of the android and stop kidding yourself that all these apps (a lot of which are forced on you anyway) enhance your life. They don't. They substract from time you could use developing real social and manual skills. Loads of good cell fones that call and text without the neccessity of you consulting a moronic forum like this. Say it with me: SCREW Android!:)

GTWalling

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Android has nothing to do with SMS. SMS/MMS is all handled by the Provider. Does not matter which phone you have unless it is an iPhone or a Blackberry that use their own proprietary system for text.

Eveline Toussaint

Jul 8, 2015
Visit site
All I did was shut it off and then restart it i checked my messages and they said retry i pressed it after about 50 seconds it sent im 9 people you should know this

Pro response team

Jan 1, 2017
Visit site
Go to settings then date and time then change date and time to automatic if your settings are already on automatic time turn off automatic time then you can turn it back on trust me this works everyone.

Q103616

Jul 17, 2017
Visit site
I just tried this. This does not fix the problem. I have one contact my text messages will not go to. It just started happening all of a sudden.

TXDigitalDiver

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
I just tried this. This does not fix the problem. I have one contact my text messages will not go to. It just started happening all of a sudden.

I am having the same issue with but one contact. My sister in law was added to my account and involved a number port and new hardware. I can, however, txt her using ChompSMS without issue. All other contacts are working. It only affects HER and only using the default messaging app on my GS8 plus. I think the "reply to" address must be broken, i recall being to edit that somewhere years ago. Visually, the number looks correct, i have deleted the contact and all message history, rebooted, added contact back in manually, and still same issue. Even cleared app data. Any ideas out there??? Its real annoying!!!

dorkhead02

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
After trying everything I could think of (uninstalling apps, factory resets, etc.), I finally discovered that my issue was caused by the phones Bluetooth. When it's on, the phone's OS and various apps, including the native text messaging app ceases to function properly. When I turn it off, all text messages send immediately, and the OS starts operating normal again (apps download and update correctly, notifications arrive on-time, etc.). I didn't even suspect the problem being the Bluetooth because it's such an fundamental function, but on my phone, I was able to whittle it down to the Bluetooth being the culprit. It's been very frustrating. I've been trying to solve this problem for about 6 months now. I finally figured it out.

Btw, I have a Samsung Galaxy S8 with AT&T, purchased from Best Buy.

Knanyah

Oct 13, 2018
Visit site
Go to settings then date and time then change date and time to automatic if your settings are already on automatic time turn off automatic time then you can turn it back on trust me this works everyone.

I have been having issues with text messages showing "failed." I tried a few different things I found online and none did the trick. I saw this post about the automatic date & time. I honestly was in shock but it really worked! I'm back in business.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463