google custom search

akstone

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
since yesterday i've been having a huge issue with s-voice opening a google custom search page instead of search results. does anyone know how this started and how do i get rid of it? i reset my phone and checked all my settings in google, and in my dashboard i have a new thing called 'customized search' in my products, without a way of removing it. even after resetting my phone i didn't sign into google but that's still the search page s-voice gives me.

akstone

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
thanks so much for the reply. i've done everything i can imagine doing. nothing has changed. if anything changes for you or you find a fix can you please post to this thread?

ArcherB

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Is there anything else about your phone that you can think of that may have caused the issue? Have you downloaded any apps lately? Is your phone rooted?

I downloaded a few clock apps the other day. I've removed most of them since then.

akstone

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
nope, nothing. however it seems to have sorted itself out? mine has anyway. google must have fixed it. i can do searches again! hopefully you're getting the same.

ArcherB

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Nope. Problem still persists here. I just tried it and copied the URL. Here is the URL it takes me to:
suspects - Google Search
In this case, the search term was "suspects".

Well, I tried it again... like from the time it took to type that last sentence to now. I believe the "partner" in this case is "Android Search" and I think the problem was related to Google... maybe I don't know, but like you, mine is working again. When I put this URL in my address bar on my PC, it takes me to "Android Search"
Google Custom Search - Android Search Engine