Bluetooth Call End = Screen Lock

faster68

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Apologies if anyone has posted a solution to the following issue, but my god, what a nuisance! When I end a call via my my bluetooth device or when the person I am talking to hangs up before I do, my phone locks itself regardless of the time I have set for screen lock. Can ANYONE please post a solution for this pesky problem? I have come very close to smashing my S3 into something, this screen lock has got be the stupidest thing I have ever dealt with. Thanks in advance!

Fast

Jonathan Moore

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
Not sure if you have resolved this issue, but I have a client with a similar problem, and yours is the only thread I can find detailing this exact problem

glk21c

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
here is what I found works, be it not the way you would want it too.

When you end the call while using your bluetooth device, DO NOT hang the call up with the bluetooth device, rather, making sure your "phone" app screen is open, end the call with the end call button. THEN, make sure to use the BACK key to get back to your home screen. I've tried this several times on my note 2, it does not automatically lock the phone that way. As I said, it's not the desired way, but apparantly android programming for bluetooth devices is such that if you hang up the call with the bluetooth device it will automatically lock the phone.

hope it works for you.

faster68

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I have been dealing with the issue in the same way... but still a very pesky problem. Amazing that such a problem exists with out a real resolution! Wish I could find a way to just stop the phone from locking after a call.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781