Ridiculous Battery Drain... Battery Lasts about 1hr ?!?

Racer91

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
So I've had my GS3 for about a year on Rogers.
Loved it up until recently. I've been having some mad battery drain issues, with it draining within half an hour to an hour (ON AN EXTENDED BATTERY), it draining while on the charger, charging extremely slowly, and the percent fluctuating up and down. I thought it was an issue with the battery being fried at first, because I had been using the original Samsung battery that I got with the device. Went out and bought a brand new extended battery, still have the same issues, except now the battery lasts a bit longer. Still less than two hours, which is unacceptable. I can't be tethered to a charger all day.

Downloaded GSam Battery Monitor to see whats going on. Here is a screen shot.

Screenshot_2013-06-27-11-10-49_resized.png
[/URL][/IMG]

Can someone please tell me what the problem could be? Could it be internal in the phone from dropping it? I have done 2 full factory resets in order to try to solve this and it hasn't changed anything so... :'( :(

Silver15

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem with my HTC Sensation. Just started a few days ago. Been fine 2 years except for the past few days it has been driving me nuts.

herecomesmaggi

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Basically it is due to kernel fault but in ur case it seems to be hardware problem. If reinstalling rom from kies doesn't fix it then it's time for service center...

Slimmer burst here...

Racer91

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Took it to a service centre, they diagnosed it as a motherboard issue and the repair would cost $400. At that cost I am instead just upgrading to a new phone instead.

herecomesmaggi

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Wow thats why I ignore Samsung, they keep looting people like that, I swapped to HTC for that reason only and they replaced my father's cell mobo just for 87$ Damage was due to water...

Slimmer burst here... (m)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463