SIM card error

Steve Innes

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
, on my second S 3 ( 1st one died) and I've started to receive this error message recently ."The mobile network will be unavailable until you restart with a valid sim card " . ( MOdel SGH-I747M Version 4.1.1 ). i'm in Singapore using a Rogers Canada unlocked Samsung 3 . I've replaced the SIM 2 X changed the actual reader 1 X and the problem still exists. I've used the temporary fixes ie , sticking piece of paper in slot with sim for better connection , adding 2 layers of tape to back of sim( not recommend as it ruins the sim ) , giving the sim a rub with clean cloth , none of which worked. The SIM is seated perfectly I contacted Samsung directly and they gave me a run around saying i must have damaged the phone , ( its brand new) and since i`m out of Canada , they will not cover any internal defective issues with the phone claiming Samsung technicians will not be able to fix my model.

The issue seems to occur when there is a signal drop and for some reason the SIM is not detected .. ... anyone have any ideas... .. I can't use the phone for business since it is so unreliable and now use it as a $600.00 paper weight on my desk .

My previous S 3 worked perfectly in Singapore ,Thailand , Indonesia and Malaysia .. :mad:

Last edited:

dm iko

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Hey I am having the sam eproblem i have S3 with WIND.
The paper and tape etc. dont work.
its a software issue. i have Android. 4..1.2. and i get the problem WHEN i have DATA enabled. But when I had WIFI and NO data working my phone worked good for the last 8 hours. Once i enabled DATA i got the error.
Its a software issue, i think rooting flashing and getting CYANOMOEGED or Hellfire are the best options.

Ted Crilly

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I have the same issue on Mobilicity as well. I run into it frequently when I am accessing apps that require data (Maps for example) inside buildings etc where Mobilicity coverage seems spotty. I turned off GPS and that seems to have reduced the frequency of the darn error. It is quite frustrating when the phone goes on the fritz when trying to access a map or looking up something while on the phone. If the phone is on WiFi, I've never seen the issue occur.

I really hope Samsung or whoever can fix this issue.

dm iko

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
i have heard that if you flash with ODIN ( samsung app) it can fully erase the phone and then upon rrestart will instal the os .

it can possibly be a bad install from the begining

kindo

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
I had the same issue. Turns out that one of the app was causing the issue. In my case, it was a game called Deer Hunter... I suggest uninstalling all unnecessary apps to the bare bone, then re-installing them one by one, waiting a day or two and see if any of them was causing the issue. Sorry for the poor grammar, in a hurry.

umairnk

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
I also think that it's some app issue. An app triggers the phone to lose connectivity at the start up of the phone and this happens if there is some sort of data connectivity.
restarted the phone with Wifi and Data both turned off, and it didn't happen. When the phone was turned on completely and settled, I turned the wifi back on and everything worked fine after that.