S3 keep change language after reboot

simson703

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Before today, I never encounter with this issues.
All sudden, every time when I reboot the phone, it is always change the default language.
I set the default setting as English but when I reboot the phone it is changing into French.
I have tried re-root the device. Still have a problem.
I have tried to removed the sdcard, it worked okay but after I put original sd card, the problem reoccurred.
I have tried to removed French from the selection of the languages and still have a problem.
What should I tried to get rid of these problem.
My phone is just stock-rooted device, and I have the wind mobile version.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Too weird - time for a Factory Reset.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

theboykie

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
i have the same problem and have read in the supersu app reviews a lot of people with the same problem since the last update of supersu.
i have also read on some forums that point to it being the supersu app.
from the supersu site i have found this
"Language changing every boot on some firmwares

This issue is found and fixed in the next update. Took a few hours to locate this one ..."

simson703

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I also have found out that any samsung phone/tabet that have 4.1.2 and recent supersu app has the problem.
However, I was managed to solve the problem. Thankfully, I have no more language change from English to French every reboot I have.
I just removed SUPERSU completely then replaced it with "SUPERUSER" for root.

Adelo009

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site
I tried that too but then the root checker was saying i dont have root access so i went back to Chainfire SU. Try the root Checker if u want.

polar332

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
Just start chainfire supersu, go to settings choose the language you want to use in the language setting option and reboot your phone.
Presto no changed language anymore, at least this works for me on my samsung galaxy s2.
Hope it works for you people too.

Regards polarbear

Taz Man

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
it works guys, just like simson703 suggested. you have to restart twice though to notice the change. the first time will revert again to the default language, you have to select again the desired language and restart. the 2nd time will work just fine

simson703

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
At first I thought my method won't work, because it still went back. But when you reboot in second time, that problem disappear. Just make sure, select the language you desires.
Also, make sure, you download binary in "superuser" and get rid of or freeze the "supersu" app.

Criss Stefani

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
Just start chainfire supersu, go to settings choose the language you want to use in the language setting option and reboot your phone.
Presto no changed language anymore, at least this works for me on my samsung galaxy s2.
Hope it works for you people too.

Regards polarbear

This worked on my S3 Mini :D! Thanks ^^ it was anoying to reboot and read everything in russian XD

davidpwhite

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
Same problem on my Note I (GT-N7000). Sadly no amount of fiddling with the language setting in SuperSU and Android settings seems to make it through more than one reboot. In my case, changing settings in Android from German to English survives one reboot but not two. Changing language settings in SuperSU makes no difference.

ghesoide

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi Guys,
I realised that supersu changes the language of the phone after a reboot if you use the applications that it controls ; if you don't launch them the language won't change, but it will change if you use them.
The workaround that I found is to disable the notifications in the supersu's settings - in my case the language does not change even if you launch the applications managed by supersu.

orgi

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
Hi there, sorry for being dumb, what is SUPERSU?
I have the same language problem with my Lg G3, after rebooting it change default english to the language of the sim card- portuguese(( and also changes the display timeout time from 1min to default 15sec((

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1