my Galaxy S3 is being weird.

NicoPico

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone. I'm new here. And I'm not that tech savvy anymore. Lol. It all changes so fast.
Anyway my S3 is acting really weird lately. Its not a huge deal but when I'm organizing my apps and widgets on my pages it just flips through all my pages real fast and doesn't let me put it anywhere. Even if I am already in a folder, it just reverts back to the home screen and then flips through pages again.
Other than this I love my new Samsung. I switched in April from an iPhone. Ill never go back.
TIA!!!

Posted via Android Central App

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
when I'm organizing my apps and widgets on my pages it just flips through all my pages real fast and doesn't let me put it anywhere.
Welcome to the forums.

If I understand you correctly, you're trying to add apps and/or widgets to your Home screen(s)?

Do you start by long-pressing an empty space on one of the Home screens, or do you start in the App Drawer by long-pressing an item there?

Once you end up long-pressing an item in the Apps Drawer and the Home screen appears, is this where all heck breaks loose? Have you tried dragging the 'to-be-added' item to the middle of a Home screen (to stop the mad scrolling?

Perhaps if you delete a few of the unnecessary Home screens some of the speedy scrolling will subside.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

BleedsGreen83

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
I had this problem a couple of months ago. Try going into device settings and turning off motion controls, or specifically the control which allows you to set apps or widgets to a specific page by turning the device. This will let you put your apps wherever you want by dragging them to the edges of the pages. However, to fix the underlying problem, I had to take my S3 back to Telus and get it sent away. You may also notice, if you have the tilt to zoom controls turned on, that your pictures may zoom in or out uncontrollably when you have two fingers on the screen. If that happens, try turning off motion controls altogether until you get a chance to get the phone fixed