My s3 has been using up my data while connected to wifi. I'm thinking it's another glitch from the 4.3 upgrade. I thought in the last billing cycle that it was possible that I went over but my new billing cycle started on Dec 21st & I used 90% by the 28th which shouldn't be possible since I was on wifi most of the time and making sure that all my apps were closed.

Has anyone else had this happen? Any fixes?

Thanks!
    12-31-2013 09:08 PM
    My s3 has been using up my data while connected to wifi. I'm thinking it's another glitch from the 4.3 upgrade. I thought in the last billing cycle that it was possible that I went over but my new billing cycle started on Dec 21st & I used 90% by the 28th which shouldn't be possible since I was on wifi most of the time and making sure that all my apps were closed.

Has anyone else had this happen? Any fixes?

Thanks!
    When the device is connected to WiFi the Mobile Data connection is stopped. There is no way you can be pulling Mobile Data while connected to WiFi.

I would suggests installing a data monitoring app that can differentiate the mobile and wifi data connections and keep track of how much you are consuming. It could be that a service was recently updated and you are consuming data on Mobile. This can often happen with automatic photo uploads for various services if you don't realize the option has been set.
    01-08-2014 10:52 AM
    I have my phone set to only update or back up while on wifi. So this isn't this problem. Right now I have my data turned off when I am using wifi. Any other ideas?

Posted via Android Central App
    01-12-2014 11:59 AM