SIII Mess

daniel54

Jan 7, 2014
Visit site
I have an SIII (SGH-1747M) I bought used at Christmas last month. The phone was unlocked but had been previously locked to Virgin Mobile Canada. After about a week I started having problems when the phone would not receive calls or texts. it would however send calls and text. I called Virgin tech support and they suggested that a poor unlock job was the issue. Not knowing a lot about "cell flashing" I decided to reflash the phone with a stock ROM, using ODIN. the flash failed. the phone will go into download mode but does not boot up. I now get a message saying the firmware upgrade encountered an error and to use recovery mode in Kies. I cannot connect in Kies. I have no idea what to do next. any suggestions would be very much appreciated

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I have an SIII (SGH-1747M) I bought used at Christmas last month. The phone was unlocked but had been previously locked to Virgin Mobile Canada. After about a week I started having problems when the phone would not receive calls or texts. it would however send calls and text. I called Virgin tech support and they suggested that a poor unlock job was the issue. Not knowing a lot about "cell flashing" I decided to reflash the phone with a stock ROM, using ODIN. the flash failed. the phone will go into download mode but does not boot up. I now get a message saying the firmware upgrade encountered an error and to use recovery mode in Kies. I cannot connect in Kies. I have no idea what to do next. any suggestions would be very much appreciated
Welcome to Android Central :)
Are you sure you flashed the correct firmware? Did you flash the one for Bell or Virgin Mobile?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37