How do I reduce screen battery usage?

Dkesthur

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
My screen use about 50%. I charged my cell all night and my battery is about 92%

Help?

Last edited by a moderator:

gdanonym

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
Well the screen is often the most used item to take the battery juice. If you use the phone a lot.

To reduce this you can lower the brightness (30% is enough in most cases).
Or enable the Battery save mode in the settings.
I also setup the smart stay on feature with a screen time-out of 30 sec.

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
My screen use about 50%. I charged my cell all night and my battery is about 92%

Help?

make it dimmer and don't turn it on as much?

92 isn't bad...keep i mind that phones don't charge up to 100% and then stay there...they go up to around 99% and then drain a bit...when they reach a lower threshold (92% generally but it seems to vary by phone) it'll start charging again. depending on where in the cycle your phone was when you unplugged it, 92 might be acceptable.

i gave up trying to achieve awesome battery life using hacks and apps and stuff. Phones have this funny thing about them where using them drains the battery. Every app i tried crippled the phone in some way that i didn't like. I just bought 2 battery packs and about 6 chargers and put them all over the place at home and work. Now when i'm stationary for a any length of time I just plug in. I don't have to think about it and i can use the hell outa my phone with out being concerned about battery life.

Dkesthur

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Well the screen is often the most used item to take the battery juice. If you use the phone a lot.

To reduce this you can lower the brightness (30% is enough in most cases).
Or enable the Battery save mode in the settings.
I also setup the smart stay on feature with a screen time-out of 30 sec.

I have done all that. My brightness iis 0% in fact. I've enabled the Battery save mode and the screen time-out of is 30 sec

make it dimmer and don't turn it on as much?

92 isn't bad...keep i mind that phones don't charge up to 100% and then stay there...they go up to around 99% and then drain a bit...when they reach a lower threshold (92% generally but it seems to vary by phone) it'll start charging again. depending on where in the cycle your phone was when you unplugged it, 92 might be acceptable.

i gave up trying to achieve awesome battery life using hacks and apps and stuff. Phones have this funny thing about them where using them drains the battery. Every app i tried crippled the phone in some way that i didn't like. I just bought 2 battery packs and about 6 chargers and put them all over the place at home and work. Now when i'm stationary for a any length of time I just plug in. I don't have to think about it and i can use the hell outa my phone with out being concerned about battery life.

Thank you. I'm going to buy a new battery next week. It is stressing to me to see how my battery gets drained so quick. Maybe because is my first android.

I saw people in this forum and other forums who took photos of their phones. Their screen usage is in the 30% and sometimes less than that.

The juice defender didn't help me at all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital