Is the Sd card useless on the Samsung Galaxy Centura?

c243dj

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
I recently lost my phone so i purchased the samsung galaxy centura from walmart(straight talk). i also got a micro sd card but unfortunatly i have not been able to move ANYTHING to it, even with the app2sd app. what is goin on!! please help

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
A quick search came up with, yes, the SD is about useless in this device. Sorry. However, I did find a few things that may help you out. At Phandroid there are several threads about this issue on this device, you can link here. The two things I found that may help you, and I use the term help loosely, are users were successful in transferring apps manually, using a PC I would imagine. They didn't say how they transferred the root folders to their SD, but I would imagine... The other thing I found, because you mentioned pictures, is that users are trading out their stock camera app for third party apps some of which offer you storage location options. The free app mentioned is linked here. I know with an old feature phone I had, I couldn't move any music to my SD until I manually made a music folder on the SD with my PC. You could try that, or alternately create a music folder and manually move all of your songs to the SD. I say this because it sounds like the phone doesn't have a problem reading from the SD, just writing to it.

GL

c243dj

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
i found a way for anyone else having the same problem. i downloaded a app called ES file explorer and it allowed me to move anything to ky sd card quite easily!!!!!!! FINALLY i have more storage.

palooka117

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
I was researching the best micro SD card for my gs3 and came across a few sites stating the future smartphone will start eliminating micro SD cards, just internal memory. That was my impression at least. Here is a sentence I copied to post. This was from just one site though.

"microSD cards don?t actually have too many uses these days, and you should make sure you actually need one before buying one. (Duh, but it needs to be said.) Most high-end smartphones?Android, iPhone and even Windows Phone?only offer internal storage and no microSD slots." The Best microSD Card | The Wirecutter

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
MicroSD cards could be useless but right now with devices still sporting 16/32GB, a SD card is needed for me. If they make 64GB, i would have no need for SD card.

Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX (tapatalk)

Litlprince2

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
With limited ability to move apps to the sd card its may seem useless...

Its still good for anyone who stores alot of data on their phone... Music collections, movies, or for expanded memory for the camera.. Its great if you have tons of music not in the cloud or if you plan on recording a lot of HD content.

lynnpudas

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
I was researching the best micro SD card for my gs3 and came across a few sites stating the future smartphone will start eliminating micro SD cards, just internal memory. That was my impression at least. Here is a sentence I copied to post. This was from just one site though.

"microSD cards don?t actually have too many uses these days, and you should make sure you actually need one before buying one. (Duh, but it needs to be said.) Most high-end smartphones?Android, iPhone and even Windows Phone?only offer internal storage and no microSD slots." The Best microSD Card | The Wirecutter

Well that's a reason this is all happening. Smartphone mfg folks want to make more money which they can do by selling phones with ever increasing storage. Then of course apps require more room so then we need phones with more storage. If you can use SD cards to hold apps then you won't buy the more expensive phone with more storage. So mfg folks make the phone so you can't move apps etc to an SD card. We're poorer and they are richer.

Sent from my ME302C using Tapatalk

rissa_08

Jun 6, 2014
Visit site
You said you made a music folder on the SD itself, I have tried that and somehow some of my music will not play on my phone afterwards. Do you have any suggestions that can help. I have also tried pictures but they end up being on my phone but I can't send them or they end up being deleted completely.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo