Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini - Unable to make calls with headphones

Andy Bristow

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
I hope someone can help me as I'm having a problem with my Philips In-Ear Headphones SHE4507/10. They work on the Samsung Galaxy S3/4 and every other mobile phone I've tried from HTC, Nokia, Apple, Sony etc.

Unfortunately, I'm unable to make or receive calls when using the headphones but I can listen to, pause, skip forward or back music files from both mine or my daughter's Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini's. I've gone through the settings and cannot find anything to rectify this.

I've contacted Samsung, who only recommend using there own headphones, and Philips just didn't bother with a response.

Many thanks in advance
Andy Bristow

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are you asking why you can't use those earphones for phone calls? I hope you realize they only act as headphones, without any voice call capability.

Andy Bristow

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
The Philips In-Ear Headphones SHE4507/10 ARE for mobile phones as they have a built in mic. And yes, that's what I've discovered to my cost.

I've just had a reply from Samsung (at long last) and they inform me that the reason why they don't work on the Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini (but work on the Samsung Galaxy S3) is because the headphone socket on the S3 Mini is different to that of the S3. Wish I'd know before I shelled out ?30 for them :(

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
is because the headphone socket on the S3 Mini is different to that of the S3.
Damn manufacturers, just cannot standardize on something as simple as this.

Class action lawsuit time. :mad:

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The Philips In-Ear Headphones SHE4507/10 ARE for mobile phones as they have a built in mic

Whoops, sorry! When I was looking those headphones up on the web, I couldn't find anything specifically mentioning a microphone, but when I looked more closely at the specs, there was a brief mention of a "Voice Coil," so I assume that's the mic.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc