Root and ROm for UK service provider

jakewc2

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
Ok, I have a Galaxy S3 Mini GT-18190N. Iscrewed installing a root and a US based ROM, which turned out not to be able to connect to my Service Provider. Do you know of any Root and ROM that can be used for EE or Orange....

Thank you

jakewc2

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
Hi, is there nobody at all that has any information....there has been 135 views for this thread, please can somebody point in the right direction. I know the UK has ROMs because I have read about them, but nobody seems to be able to point me in the right direction.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
You can try using the Kies software on your PC to see if you can load the correct firmware for your model/carrier/region. Here's an overview of what to do:
- if you don't already have the Kies software installed on your PC, download it (just search Google) and install it. The first time it runs it'll update itself to the latest version so make sure you run it once before proceeding.
- put your phone in Download mode: with the phone completely off, press and hold the Volume Down and Home and Power buttons simultaneously, and release them all when you see the Samsung splash screen
- connect the phone to your PC with the USB cable that came with the phone
-- if you've never had the phone connected to your Windows-based computer before, you'll see messages about installing drivers, etc - just wait until this is done (may take 5 or 10 minutes) [I don't know what happens if you have a Mac - it probably just works]
- in the Kies software, select the second item in the Tools menu and just follow the prompts to enter the model number (in CAPS) and IMEI/Serial Number (both found under the battery - it's ok to remove the battery at this point)
- the Kies software should start downloading the correct firmware for your phone from the Internet; once that's done (depending on your Internet connection speed) it'll begin downloading that to the phone (this probably takes 10 minutes or so)

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

jakewc2

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
Hi, thank you so much for your reply, I think I am being a bit thick here I think, but each time somebody posts I learn the correct terminology to ask my question properly. I wanted to root and as I mentioned before, I had used ModV6 but it was only 4.1.2, but would like something similar, that works with most of the things that are on a GT18190N (NFC and SBeam and Smart screen) based in the UK so I can use Orange. So far its only allowing me T-Mobile UK, which is the American version of T-Mobile from what I found. As its a US ROM. Now I do understand that that might not be possible right now. But that is what I am looking for. I am so sorry its taken so long to get my point across.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I couldn't find a ROM Listed for Orange in the UK - just EE or O2.
http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/1/?model=GT-I8190N&pcode=EVR#firmware
You can look around there yourself and see what you come up with - all the ROMs seem to be based on 4.1.2 (and not 4.3, which is good).

Edit: and they're all stock ROMs, so you'll have to root after you successfully load the ROM you're looking for.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

jakewc2

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
Hi, ok, it wasnt easy trying to work out how to flash that Rom, and root the phone either. I did manage to root the phone, but when I tried to flash the ROM, it got part way through and said installation cancelled. I dont know if it was the firmware or the way I was flashing but it didnt work. Do you have any idea how he flashed and roots with that firmware? It could be just me. I have rooted it now, and its running a US based ROM called DModV6, which is working ok, it just has problems recognising my carrier, and it wont stick I keep on having to search carriers and join them each time I start the phone. Please can somebody help? Thanks.

Last edited:

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Did you load alternate Recovery software (CWM; TWRP) when you rooted your phone?
Did you unlock the bootloader before flashing a different ROM?

How did you load this ROM that you now have installed? Did you just flash it via Odin on your PC?

You took a look at the ROMs that I pointed out and tried to load one of them using Odin and it didn't work? What error did Odin provide?

Why does your phone need to be rooted?

jakewc2

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
Ok, I have to say, I might not get this right, because I dont know the terminology, its just something I am picking up as I go along.

I made a copy of the phone, and saved it to my laptop. I used CWM, rooted the hone and flashed a ROM, called Dmodv6. Its US based ROM, which is running ok, but causing problems. I used CWM to flash the ROM, and it just said that it had stopped the installation, nothing else. Something I didnt know was that I had to uninstall any APPs that needed root to be able to do a new install. That is something I just found out. The Baseband version ends in AMJ2, but I cant find a ROM that matches that. My carrier is EE. The ROM I have now, only recognises T-Mobile-UK, which from what I can understand is the US version of T-Mobile in the UK. I keep loosing that too, and have to reconnect all the time.

jakewc2

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
A question, what do you mean by 'unlocking the bootloader' not heard of that before. As I mentioned I am using CWM not Odin.

jakewc2

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
As far as the question you asked about unlocking the bootloader is concerned, as I now understand it the process of putting ClockworkMod Recovery onto your device unlocks the bootloader and as far as I am aware that is CWM.So having that already installed on the phone, doesnt need to have it unlocked again.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylorhudson5670