S3 Mini restart/switching off by itself problem

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

Harvey Lyons

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Mine does the same thing. Its on 60% one minute it turns itself of and then when it comes back on its on 1%. Now its starting to turn off and on and not even hold itts charge. I think its probs the battery to be honest

kccc

Jul 16, 2014
Visit site
Had the same problem.
Took it to Samsung Service Centre as it finally stopped working altogether. Once I told them that I had had it for 18 months and it was covered by a 2 year warranty they told me that the phone had liquid ingress and was not covered by the warranty. very convienient.
I have written to Samsung pointing out that the phone had been to an O2 shop and another samsung shop for the fault to be investigated, neither had said liquid was the problem. They had suggested I go to Service Centre where the phone could be fixed in two days. They have not replied!!!

merlon15

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
Well, plug-in your battery and try to move it while it's in the telephone with your finger, if it's moving take out the battery and cover it with some paper, but NOT COVER THE GOLDEN BARS!! after this try to restart it and this should work.

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
To describe the problem in a simple way, just for future use, the problem is like someone keep pressing the power button over and over again, i just had this problem right now and u can go to Download mode or recovery mode by pressing either Volume + home button alone with out pressing the power button as it is already in use by some booting fault... have replaced the power switch as well but didnt fix fix it, have remover the SIM + SD Card as well but not use... nothing will fix this not from Recovery mode, not from Odin just nothing,,, well unless if u got lucky and somehow ur phone start to reboot normally, then and only then try to back up ur phone and then wipe everything from it data + cache + everything u have, and re-install once more... and don't forget after re-installing to wipe cache and ur batt must be 80% +, cos not doing so will cos the problem to be dancing once more ) ..... just tried it and fixed it this way..... good luck " also the reason for ur loop power off or cycle switching on/off is a deference reason"

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!
have replaced the power switch as well but didnt fix fix it
If you take the battery out and reinsert it, does the phone turn itself on (without you pressing the Power button)?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
first i had the issue again but i followed some instruction from some expert ppl and i did the same,, i have removed the power button from the board which is a very tiny white piece inside the phone then returned every thing back. and start it works fine now, i have followed these instruction....

1- How to Easily Fix Defective Power Switch/Button (Boot Loop/No Boot) on the Samsung Galaxy S3 - YouTube

2- Samsung Galaxy S3 Repair Powerswitch (Falsely Diagnosed as Sudden Death) - YouTube

3- How to turn on your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 without the power button - YouTube

Nicolas Kamwatti

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Re: I'm having the same problem

My phone is LG Optimus L5 E612; it’s been a year and 7 months since I started you using it.
The problem started a week ago, I was browsing through the internet and suddenly my phone restarted itself. I thought it was the battery so I quickly plug-in the phone to the charger. The problem didn't stop I was forced to manually to switch it off (opening the back casing and remove the battery that is after I had unplugged the charger from the phone)
I switched it back on plug in the charger and everything was working perfectly until I tried to switch on the data the problem began again. I did a factory reset but nothing helped. I repeated the factory reset a couple of times but nothing seems to be working. When it comes to charging it behaves the same as for bakcil7777's phone

I will have to replace my battery to see whether this problem will be solved.

kawaiiichu

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
Its been almost a year now since I've had this phone. Recently, my phone has been restarting/switching off by itself....once it turns off, it won't turn back on again unless I plug in the charger. If I try holding on to the power button once it happens, the "S3 mini logo" just keeps showing up and switches back off again. I even did a factory reset and still it didn't fix the problem. Even when I try going through my phone (reading messages, going through settings, opening an app), it'll just automatically have the problem again and switch off again. One time I kept my phone on sleep mode for about 5 hours, and after that I just wanted to make a phone call and again it just turned off.. please any help would be appreciated..

I was suggested to change my battery inside the phone and buy a new one - will that fix the problem or make a difference? if not, what suggestions would you make? Anyone has been going through the same problem with other devices or this one in particular?

In my case its more like the battery has expanded right now but as long as the charger is connected the phone doesnt turn off it works normally. At first my phone also turned off like all of yurs did and when it turned on it wud have 0 percent charge...at first the battery was fine but later because I kept it connected to the charger all the time and the battery started swelling..it was like I kinda boosted up the process ToT ..and I assume that if yu guys get a new battery the phone wud work well because its definitely the battery which is screwed up....umm well i guess i hope this helps yu guys :D

Last edited:

fablis

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
I have a Samsung Galaxy Ace 2, and I have tried two new batteries since I got the phone and all have issues. My phone has the original battery now but still does weird things like rebooting or turning off completely. Will be thinking twice about buying a Samsung phone again.

Walter5850

Dec 9, 2014
Visit site
Guys, apparently bunch of us have the same problem.
My Galaxy SIII mini has been shutting off with no warning for quite some time now. So I just keep it plugged in all the time, and I can barely use it when I'm not at home. After it shuts down it goes in the restart loop.

I just assumed that this was a battery problem and I was just about to order a new one, but then I stumbled on this post.

So please, could anyone say if they fixed the problem by replacing a battery, or should I just not spend money on trying that.

kaneobviar

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
Guys, apparently bunch of us have the same problem.
My Galaxy SIII mini has been shutting off with no warning for quite some time now. So I just keep it plugged in all the time, and I can barely use it when I'm not at home. After it shuts down it goes in the restart loop.

I just assumed that this was a battery problem and I was just about to order a new one, but then I stumbled on this post.

So please, could anyone say if they fixed the problem by replacing a battery, or should I just not spend money on trying that.

Hi, I assure you that the problem is on battery. My S3mini has the exact same problem. It began because I play a MMORPG on my phone and I charge it all day. When I bought a new battery, everything goes normal.

fablis

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
This shutting off randomly really puts me of buying the mini 3, infact off Samsung in general as I have the same issue on my galaxy ace 2.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol