S3 Mini: Think i've bricked my phone... please, please help.

Dafydd Davies

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Have a Galaxy S3 Mini.

I was getting a message saying "Not Registered on Network"... so I thought I'd be clever and follow a guide to root my phone and run a program that would solve it.

However I followed the instructions and now my phone won't get past the Galaxy logo screen. It's a phone I bought for my wife and it's just not working now.

It goes into download? mode (volume down, home, power) and I can do stuff in Odin. I'm just incredibly inexperienced with this stuff and have no clue what to do now.

If anyone can help me at all I would really appreciate it. I would even be happy to pay to get this sorted to whoever on here is able to give me the solution.

I look forward to hearing from any of you.

Many thanks,

Daf

Last edited by a moderator:

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: Think i've bricked my phone... please, please help.

Have a Galaxy S3 Mini.

I was getting a message saying "Not Registered on Network"... so I thought I'd be clever and follow a guide to root my phone and run a program that would solve it.

However I followed the instructions and now my phone won't get past the Galaxy logo screen. It's a phone I bought for my wife and it's just not working now.

It goes into download? mode (volume down, home, power) and I can do stuff in Odin. I'm just incredibly inexperienced with this stuff and have no clue what to do now.

If anyone can help me at all I would really appreciate it. I would even be happy to pay to get this sorted to whoever on here is able to give me the solution.

I look forward to hearing from any of you.

Many thanks,

Daf

You can try looking on Sammobile or Samsung updates.com for your stock ROM file to reflash it. However, many sites like these used Hotfile to store their libraries, and hotfile voluntarily shut down a month or so ago. Finding files may be a daunting task right now, but that is your first step.
Second would be to use the file in Odin to flash the ROM. Here is how: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...ide-samsung-how-flash-stock-rom-via-odin.html

xceeder

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
Re: Think i've bricked my phone... please, please help.

You can try looking on Sammobile or Samsung updates.com for your stock ROM file to reflash it. However, many sites like these used Hotfile to store their libraries, and hotfile voluntarily shut down a month or so ago. Finding files may be a daunting task right now, but that is your first step.
Second would be to use the file in Odin to flash the ROM. Here is how: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...ide-samsung-how-flash-stock-rom-via-odin.html

Or go on Google and type Samsung s3 mini factory image I'm sure you'll come across a link that doesn't use hotfile....

sent from my Nexus 7 using tapatalk pro..