Well This Is Embarrassing.....please help someone....

Citroenmadman

May 6, 2014
Visit site
Hi, we have just acquired a Galaxy S3 Mini and have this problem........the button (sorry I dont know its tech name) on the left hand side of the HOME button continuously activates itself.....all on its own so it continually pops up with the menu for that button on the screen......goes out for about a second and comes back on. It has just started doing it. I have factory rebooted the phone but it still does it. Its draining the battery real quick and is bloo.y annoying. Thanks for reading and hope you can help.

mynameis

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
Not extremely familiar with Samsung phones, but isn't the left button the recent task button? You have done a factory reset or you have just restarted the phone? There is a difference. Factory resetting will restore everything on your phone. If you haven't done that, that's what I would do. If you simply just restarted it, the problem can still be there. If you have factory reseted, it could be a hardware/software issue. Best bet is to take it into a store and get it looked at.

Kelly Burby

Banned
Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
Hi, we have just acquired a Galaxy S3 Mini and have this problem........the button (sorry I dont know its tech name) on the left hand side of the HOME button continuously activates itself.....all on its own so it continually pops up with the menu for that button on the screen......goes out for about a second and comes back on. It has just started doing it. I have factory rebooted the phone but it still does it. Its draining the battery real quick and is bloo.y annoying. Thanks for reading and hope you can help.

Well, it looks like the problem is on the hardware side you need to go to the nearest dealer or customer support for getting it fixed.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!
all on its own so it continually pops up with the menu for that button on the screen
Is there a screen protector installed on the phone?
Or is it in a case?
If neither of those are the case then it sounds like a hardware problem.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk