Today I experienced an issue with my Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini, that I have never had before;

For starters, it felt kind of stuck, nothing seemed to work on it, so I chose to restart it (by removing the battery), hoping it would solve the problem. But now I am unable to turn my phone on, and I cannot figure out why.
    I thought for a moment, it had something to do with my battery, but I tried with a friend of mine's, and that did not work either. I have tried to recharge it, still no succes.

I have searched a lot on the internet and tried a lot of "easy solutions", like pressing and holding the power button for 15-20 seconds or holding the power, home and volume up button for several seconds, but so far nothing has worked.

Does anyone got any bright ideas for what I could try? The phone is less than a year old, so I would be very sad if I had to go and get a new one already, since I got tons of pictures and stuff on it (or send it to a repairsman, but they are damn costy in Denmark!)
    06-01-2014 10:35 AM
    Welcome to the forums.
    It may be a hardware failure on the motherboard. Have you called Samsung since it isn't a year old?
    06-01-2014 10:40 AM
    With the phone completely off, if you connect the charger do you see a battery graphic showing the current battery level and charging activity?

If you take the battery out and connect the charger do you briefly see a red LED? If you reinsert the battery and attempt to turn it on while the charger is connected does anything happen?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk
    06-01-2014 01:38 PM
    With the phone completely off, if you connect the charger do you see a battery graphic showing the current battery level and charging activity?
    Yes, I see the image of a battery getting charged, so it seems like, the battery is fully functioning.

If you take the battery out and connect the charger do you briefly see a red LED? If you reinsert the battery and attempt to turn it on while the charger is connected does anything happen?
    Nope, I did not and have never seen a red LED flash on my phone (for what I remember of course). No, I tried the last part too, but no luck there.
    06-01-2014 04:41 PM
    holding the power, home and volume up button for several seconds, but so far nothing has worked
    I usually press-and-hold Volume Up + Home, then add Power - you should try holding all of them for about ten seconds.
    If that doesn't work then try Download mode (Volume Down + Home + Power) for the same length of time.

If none of that works then it's time for warranty repair or a JTAG service.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
    06-01-2014 05:31 PM