A couple weeks ago I had an AT&T galaxy s3 mini. I had a 64gb sandisk microSD card for it. I put stuff on it. It worked fine.

Recently I replaced the AT&T s3 mini with a new International unlocked s3 mini. I swapped the sandisk microSD card to it, and now it doesn't work.

The card itself is fine, as verified by a PC and a samsung galaxy tab both recognizing it and moving data to and from it.

First the card, when trying to mount it, just repeatedly gave me a "card ready to be removed" notification. Over and over.

So I hooked it up to a PC and reformatted it for NTFS.

It still doesn't work, but the new error message is "SD card blank or unsupported...."

I have tried rebooting it.
    I have tried force stopping the system UI and mounting it.
    The phone itself gives me no formatting option (which I am pretty sure the AT&T one did)

Any other suggestions?
    09-18-2014 10:12 AM
    NTFS will only work on PC as this is Microsoft's proprietary file system. In order for your card to work on your phone you need to format it as FAT32 (which would limit your file sizes to 4GB) or ExFAT (friendlier with large files).
    KAY ATCHISON likes this.
    09-18-2014 10:29 AM
    that's what it was formatted to begin with, when i was getting the "sd card safe to remove" message everytime i tried to mount it.

formatting to NTFS was one of the solutions i found to this problem on another forum. so i gave it a try.

afterward i reformatted back to FAT32, and it went back to the "sd card safe to remove" message
    09-18-2014 10:39 AM
    Have you tried another card with it? It sounds to me like this could be a problem with your phone, not the card...

From personal experience Samsung devices are not really that good with SD Cards (I've had a few fried by them), unfortunately, especially if the card is a SanDisk (they even would replace your card if you said it was manufactured prior to 2012 and you mentioned you had a Samsung device, no questions asked).

I would try another card to rule out a problem with the phone.
    09-18-2014 11:27 AM
    samsung live chat suggested the international version of this device might not be equipped to deal with the 64gb card like the at&t was, and that i might want to try a smaller card.

don't have a 32 lying around, but i have an old 4 or something lying around at home i think, so will give that a try later if i can find it.
    SpookDroid and KAY ATCHISON like this.
    09-18-2014 11:31 AM