There have been a number posts regarding S3 Mini internal storage reporting problems (apps apparently devouring space, etc.)

- is this widespread, or only found on some units here and there?

- is yes, known fix?

EDIT to add: Fix, other than the "dumpstate/logcat" operation?
    10-04-2014 09:12 AM
    As far as I know still the same- if you're referring to the gigantic thumbnail file in DCIM folder..?

For reasons yet unknown to me, thumbnail files keep growing over time, accumulating total Gb's of all photos. If deleted, they will simply regenerate. They're typically named "thumbdata3--1763508120" or similar. Even though they appear each to be anywhere between 1 to even 10 Gb in size, they are stored internally (system) and therefore should not take up user storage.
    If they are replaced by a different file or object with exactly the same name, the deleted thumbdata files cannot regenerate (screenshot).

I believe that there was also an issue of free memory discrepancies. But this was not about GB's, but about minor differences between readings of SD card. When I recalculated using the numbers in that particular post, I came to the conclusion that there was no discrepancy, only confusion about the different definitions of 1Gb (= 1066 MB / 1000 MB).

Let me know if this helps

Swyped from my Samsung Galaxy SIII mini (GT-I8190) - via Android Central App
    03-11-2015 06:27 PM