S3 mini screen problem

tomo89

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
Hi!
I'm having problem with Samsung S3 mini screen.
Couple weeks ago it just started to be unresponsive. At first couple of times the solution was to press power button couple times and the problem was gone. But, the problem was often.
And in past 5-6 days not even pressing power button was solution to that problem. I had to turn off/turn on phone by taking battery off.

And 3 days ago, that didn't help and I couldn't even enter pin or swipe to unlock screen. I pull battery out, leave it for couple hours and then tried to power on phone.
I succesfully turned on phone, enter pin and i could use phone (texting, surfing and things like that). Until i pressed power button to turn screen off. After that, nothing.. I pressed power button to turn screen on, but screen was unresponsive. Hardware keys (power, home and volume) were responsive but screen wasn't.

I factory reseted phone (power button+volume up+home button), deleted cache, hard reset.. Everything... Didn't help.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! My guess is that the screen's digitizer has failed. It probably needs to be replaced. Sorry!

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I factory reseted phone (power button+volume up+home button), deleted cache, hard reset.. Everything... Didn't help.
If you try to boot into Recovery mode or Download mode does the screen look normal? Or is it just a black screen?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk