Why will my Mini S3 work in the UK but not abroad?

A

AC Question

why will my mini s3 work in the uk but not abroad???

all good till i got to calais,took batt off and sim out left for 5 mins reconnected batt and insert sim....searched for avaliable networks, found orange, vodaphone es andvarious others throughout my long drive to spain!! Tried to connect will all of them,all come up with..unable to connect,try later...At my dest...(baza,spain...wher im staying for a month)
i try my sim in a friends phone,i phone3,exactly the same occurs. i then put his sim, in my s3...works beautifully ,connected to movistar.....gotta be the sim eh??
Rang virgin,they send out a new sim to spain...(eventually, after much aggravation),
i pop it in my phone....the fault remains...i put the new sim in my friends phone...the fault remains. I then back up my data from the phone,hit the default, lose other files which could not be backed up, i do this with hope and faith that i will have at long last a working phone abroad....guess what...didnt work, same bloody fault...!!!!
Got any ideas????

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: why will my mini s3 work in the uk but not abroad???

Welcome to the forums. I am not sure what to suggest, but I can ping another member who might have better ideas.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site

Two bad SIMs? Unlikely but possible.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site

That's strange. My wife uses her Vodafone and Virgin cards with no problems in Spain (with Orange, Movistar). I'll check with her If she remembers having any issues. Sometimes it can take a long time before the card connect to the Spanish network though. Leave it alone for a couple of hours and see if it manages to connect.