What's up all... My buddy got my kid this AT&T Galaxy S3 Mini, she has service on MetroPCS so when I put in the Metro SIM the dreaded unlock code thing comes up. So I call AT&T and attempted to get the code, that didn't work out as usual. Anyway I started reading and I found that inserting *#197328640# works, BUT, I don't get all the options others have been getting. I get:

DEBUG SCREEN:
    [1]BASIC INFORMATION
    [2]NAS INFORMATION
    [3]AS INFORMATION
    [4]GPRS INFORMATION
    [5]SIM INFORMATION

And that's it, I don't get the UMTS options under service mode, all I get is what's seen above. I didn't even choose the debug screen as that's what it defaults to.

Now from what I was reading this is because my phone is on Android KK 4.4.2 and from what I understand I have to be on either JB 4.1.X or 4.2.X I *THINK*. So I'm thinking I need to downgrade to JB from KK, but I am lost on how to do that. I am pretty sure the phone will need to be rooted, but this stupid phone seems a lot more complicated than previous roots I have done in the past. All I know is that is sucks because AT&T are a bunch of bitches...
    01-13-2016 09:51 PM
    You can't downgrade a Samsung AT&T phone from KitKat to Jellybean. There's a set of eFuses in there, and once you've gone from 4.3 to 4.4, you can't go back to 4.3.

AT&T has to give you the unlock code. If the code they give you don't work, call tech support, ask to be elevated to level 2 and, if necessary, speak to a supervisor. (They may not be able to give you the code on the phone, but they can force another request for it to be sent to you.)
    01-13-2016 11:57 PM