s3 mini touch based menu button has gone haywire after skype video call.

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
I I've had this issue before, and I have taken the battery out, wiped around with cotton swab, rebooted to factory default, cleared cache, and took the cover off. Last time this happened I just did a factory reboot and it was fine, now even after this was done it keeps going. Since it is the light up blue menu button the corresponding screen (depending if you are on google, twitter, etc...) pops up then goes away. It just keeps doing this over and over again. Not saying the skype video call caused this, but the issue did not happen before this occurred..

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The main reason for Safe Mode is to determine if it's a 3rd party app you installed that's causing the problem. If the problem goes away in Safe Mode, then that's probably the case, and you'd have to uninstall apps one by one until the problem goes away (which is understandably tedious). If the problem persists in Safe Mode, then it's more likely to be a firmware or hardware problem. For firmware issues, you could try reinstalling the firmware with Samsung Kies or Odin: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...w-flash-stock-rom-via-odin-new-interface.html. For hardware issues, you'd have to bring it to a repair shop.