Recently, my Galaxy S3 mini is presenting strange battery level indications, even with a Brand new Samsung branded battery. Examples:
    1. When it is 100% loaded, I unplug the charger and the terminal keeps presenting the 100% loaded indication for hours.
    2. At one point in time, the battery level indication starts to go down far too quickly. Typically, from 100% to 0% within 2 or 3 hours, without overusing the phone. I suppose that the total time the battery level indication stays at 100% + the time it is drained down to 0% is usually what you can expect from a full charge, except that the battery level indications are not real.
    3. Sometimes, but nor always, it would not react to the charger being plugged, unless I take the battery out during a few seconds, and then put it back in.
    4. Sometimes, but not always, it takes the whole day to charge to 100%, instead of the usual 2 hours (more or less).

Does anyone have any idea about this? The thing is that the battery level indication is not real at all, most of the time. Thanks.
    03-27-2016 12:27 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Try recalibrating the battery sensor software by charging up to 100%, then using it until it shuts off automatically from low battery. Charge up to 100% again, then repeat the cycle 3 times. Does that help?
    03-27-2016 04:27 PM
    Obviously, I tried that already, especially since I purchased a brand new battery, and I've always done that with new batteries. Didn't help.
    03-31-2016 06:32 PM
    Sorry, you didn't mention calibrating in your OP, and it's not something that most people do after getting a new battery.
    the tall guy likes this.
    04-01-2016 01:51 AM