Deleted my OS!! Help!

nicholasrclayton

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

What a nightmare today has been! I'm not electronic dumb, but I'm also not a techy. I've been trying to read up and help myself, but I just can't wrap my head around what I need to do to get back to normal. Here is what has happened.

Device: SAMSUNG GALAXY S3

1.) I woke up to my phone stuck on the "SAMSUNG" logo screen. Tried to reboot, take the battery out, everything. Nothing would work. The phone refused to boot up.

2.) Called the T-Mobile store mid day. They sad I should wipe the cache. Did that...still would not boot. Then they said to reset the factory settings. **HERE IS WHERE I SCREWED UP**.

3.) I accidentally reset the entire device and wiped out the operating system!!

4.) Tried to download Kies to reinstall the OS (I'm running Windows 8). Kies asked for the phone type (SGH-T999) and for the serial number. I entered both in all caps. Kies tells me it cannot verify my device and cannot continue. I checked the letters and numbers 5 or 6 times. I am not entering anything wrong. Tried it with the phone off and with the phone on. Unplugged the device. Restarted the system. Nothing works. It will not recognize this phone.

I am sitting here totally lost and bewildered. I have no interest in "rooting" my device or anything like that. All I want is to get back to normal. The phone had been working fine until today. Please help! Have no land line -- totally cut off from the world without my phone! : \
Much thanks in advance.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

What a nightmare today has been! I'm not electronic dumb, but I'm also not a techy. I've been trying to read up and help myself, but I just can't wrap my head around what I need to do to get back to normal. Here is what has happened.

Device: SAMSUNG GALAXY S3

1.) I woke up to my phone stuck on the "SAMSUNG" logo screen. Tried to reboot, take the battery out, everything. Nothing would work. The phone refused to boot up.

2.) Called the T-Mobile store mid day. They sad I should wipe the cache. Did that...still would not boot. Then they said to reset the factory settings. **HERE IS WHERE I SCREWED UP**.

3.) I accidentally reset the entire device and wiped out the operating system!!

4.) Tried to download Kies to reinstall the OS (I'm running Windows 8). Kies asked for the phone type (SGH-T999) and for the serial number. I entered both in all caps. Kies tells me it cannot verify my device and cannot continue. I checked the letters and numbers 5 or 6 times. I am not entering anything wrong. Tried it with the phone off and with the phone on. Unplugged the device. Restarted the system. Nothing works. It will not recognize this phone.

I am sitting here totally lost and bewildered. I have no interest in "rooting" my device or anything like that. All I want is to get back to normal. The phone had been working fine until today. Please help! Have no land line -- totally cut off from the world without my phone! : \
Much thanks in advance.

Can you get into download mode?

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Exactly what Golfdriver days. I just had this occur on my HTC One the other day and recovered it. Don't worry too much, as long as you can access download mode or a third party recovery, you'll be fine.

Sent from my HTC One using Mobile Nations mobile app

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Tried it with the phone off and with the phone on. Unplugged the device. Restarted the system. Nothing works. It will not recognize this phone.
In order to use Kies to perform an Emergency Firmware Download you must first put the phone in Download mode, then connect it to your computer. Assuming that you entered a valid Model # and IMEI (both listed under the battery) Kies should recognize the phone and begin to download the correct firmware.

I am rather puzzled at how you could have wiped out the OS if you were using the stock Recovery - I don't remember any option like that being available.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Chris,
You need to take this to the HTC model/carrier specific forum - the tools and downloads are totally different - sorry.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

tonedef_1

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I have a rooted Note 3 and I am regretting the root because I could not get ANY rom's to flash correctly, there are only a few available at the moment.

I am stuck on boot animation, its in a bootloop.

I accidentally deleted my OS, I still have TWRP recovery but I can't put my phone into USB debug mode in order to flash factory image.

Can I put in debug from TWRP or is there another method, HELP!

thezcool

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys. I wiped my os too and now I can't get back to stock because when I go to reset in odin mode, it tells me about fuses and binary and that it failed. Please help anyone. Greatly appreciated.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Hey guys. I wiped my os too and now I can't get back to stock because when I go to reset in odin mode, it tells me about fuses and binary and that it failed. Please help anyone. Greatly appreciated.

thezcool: You need to give us something to go on. What phone do you have (specific model and carrier). How did you wipe your OS? Are you rooted? Was version of Android was your phone on (4.3, 4.1.2, etc.)? Exactly what does the error message say?

We can't see your phone screen or read your mind.

thezcool

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
sorry

thezcool: You need to give us something to go on. What phone do you have (specific model and carrier). How did you wipe your OS? Are you rooted? Was version of Android was your phone on (4.3, 4.1.2, etc.)? Exactly what does the error message say?

We can't see your phone screen or read your mind.

I have a Samsung galaxy s4- sgh-i337. I was trying to add a custom rom with safestrap and made a twrp backup. I was rooted and I had MK2. When I try to flash stock firmware with odin I get like a point in download mode in the status mode and then it says " sv rev. check fail fused : 4 Binary :1"

Last edited by a moderator:

akber_online

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
i have gfive g9 president it uses android 4.2 iv deleted my os while installing custom rom and now i cant get into the recovery :( ... can anybody tell me how to get into recovery

ToDope ToQuit

Mar 16, 2014
Visit site
Hey if anybody could help me !!

I deleted my o.s and accedently wiped all my data all my settings and it says it can not be undone .

When i power on it only says samsung

my model is a note 1
n7000

samsung galaxy . Please help!!!!!!

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I deleted my o.s and accedently wiped all my data all my settings
Does the phone still boot into Recovery or Download mode?

It sounds like you have custom Recovery software loaded, so you could use that to reload the firmware. If it will only boot into Download mode you can use Odin to reload the firmware - you should be able to find the firmware here - use the drop-down list in the upper left corner to select your model.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Sam Rehman

May 18, 2014
Visit site
Hi i was trying to root my samsung galaxy s2 with kitkat version but i accidentally restarted my phone after that i have flash almost 8 times kitkat and ics using odin 3.07 but only screen display with my model came up with with below yellow color caution ...i even try to unroot my device i get fail error it try to set up connection but it get fail please help me<ID:0/016> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/016> Can't open the serial(COM) port.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)