Deleted my OS!! Help!

iiCasual

Aug 7, 2016
Visit site
Hello,

What a nightmare today has been! I'm not electronic dumb, but I'm also not a techy. I've been trying to read up and help myself, but I just can't wrap my head around what I need to do to get back to normal. Here is what has happened.

Device: SAMSUNG GALAXY S3

1.) I woke up to my phone stuck on the "SAMSUNG" logo screen. Tried to reboot, take the battery out, everything. Nothing would work. The phone refused to boot up.

2.) Called the T-Mobile store mid day. They sad I should wipe the cache. Did that...still would not boot. Then they said to reset the factory settings. **HERE IS WHERE I SCREWED UP**.

3.) I accidentally reset the entire device and wiped out the operating system!!

4.) Tried to download Kies to reinstall the OS (I'm running Windows 8). Kies asked for the phone type (SGH-T999) and for the serial number. I entered both in all caps. Kies tells me it cannot verify my device and cannot continue. I checked the letters and numbers 5 or 6 times. I am not entering anything wrong. Tried it with the phone off and with the phone on. Unplugged the device. Restarted the system. Nothing works. It will not recognize this phone.

I am sitting here totally lost and bewildered. I have no interest in "rooting" my device or anything like that. All I want is to get back to normal. The phone had been working fine until today. Please help! Have no land line -- totally cut off from the world without my phone! : \
Much thanks in advance.
Hey, I'm on an S5 and I flashed (to upgrade my phone) my system and forgot to put Android back on my SD (to reinstall it) I then put it on and tried to restart because safestrap wasn't refreshing my files on my SD and essentially screwed up my phone. When I turn it on it just shows the booting screen and doesn't let me go anywhere else. When I try to go into download mode it doesn't let me, please help!

Rom-er

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
How did you get the OS back onto your HTC, I've tried everything, and even the ROM installer from HTCs website doesn't work!
You need to find the RUU for your model number. You may have to use fastboot to flash your firmware but RUU's should be flashable from the device itself.

Tapiwa Mutetwa

Jan 7, 2017
Visit site
I have the same problem I deleted my OS of huawei Y221-U12 version 4.4.2 my phone is now stuck on the welcome log , i need help to solve this problem , the phone is rooted

Vansh Puri

Feb 23, 2017
Visit site
OK. Go to Samsung updates, download your os for your specific device, copy the md5 file from the download and flash that with ODIN

Sent from a SlimROM S3.
I faced the same problem with my Samsung Galaxy Core but it cannot open neither the Recovery mode nor the download mode... 😢😢😢😢
Plz help me

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I faced the same problem with my Samsung Galaxy Core but it cannot open neither the Recovery mode nor the download mode... ������������������������
Plz help me

Welcome to the forums. You may need to consider getting a JTAG service for your phone. That should force flash a stock ROM onto your device, however, there is no guarantee this will work.

retipuj123

Mar 25, 2017
Visit site
HI guys... Can you help me.... last night i was downloading systemui from the internet.. i was get exited that time because i thought it will change my cellphone with new system.. so i reboot my cellphone to recovery mode(power,main,volume up) and i click the install button and i direct it to the sytemui and install it after that i reboot my cellphone reboot and reboot all over again:'( so i removed my battery and go to the recovery mode again and i wipe my device and it says it cannot be undone but i type yes so i reboot again my cellphone stuck on the samsunglogo it cantbe reboot again.... what should i do... My phone is samsung j1 2016 and its rooted pls help me i dont wat no spend money anymore:'(

frenkki

Sep 1, 2017
Visit site
hy i have twrp and i accidently wipe all data internal and external now i can only get in twrp, how do i install origirinal jellybean with twrp?

amyjane8705

Sep 28, 2017
Visit site
Could you please explain how to do that for me? I have the same prob with my Galaxy s3... Not very tech savvy and really need u to break that down for me.

radnor92

Oct 2, 2017
Visit site
I'm having an issue flashing the firmware with Odin, and every time I plug in my phone to my computer is says "USB not recognized" and something about the device malfunctioning. Downloaded the USB Drivers for Samsung Mobile Phones and restarted my computer, but nothing happened. Same issue. I have the Samsung Galaxy S3 SGH-T999L

Heres a picture of what my phone says when I run the updater: https://ibb.co/cig5dw

Can't boot in normal mode, and can't do system recovery options (power/home/vol. up), only updater. Suggestions?

Rom-er

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
I'm having an issue flashing the firmware with Odin, and every time I plug in my phone to my computer is says "USB not recognized" and something about the device malfunctioning. Downloaded the USB Drivers for Samsung Mobile Phones and restarted my computer, but nothing happened. Same issue. I have the Samsung Galaxy S3 SGH-T999L

Heres a picture of what my phone says when I run the updater: https://ibb.co/cig5dw

Can't boot in normal mode, and can't do system recovery options (power/home/vol. up), only updater. Suggestions?
The pic you posted is download mode, you have to be booted into that mode when you connect to Odin. When you have that screen, open Odin on PC and connect your device to PC then flash your firmware in Odin.

Aug 11, 2018
Visit site
My phone is samsung note 3 sm-n9005. Its rooted and flashing with twrp recovery. Deleted my os when try to flashing custom rom s9 failed.
Now it stuck at showing samsung model logo startup....the twrp recovery still can use
What can i do to recover the os back?

Rom-er

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
My phone is samsung note 3 sm-n9005. Its rooted and flashing with twrp recovery. Deleted my os when try to flashing custom rom s9 failed.
Now it stuck at showing samsung model logo startup....the twrp recovery still can use
What can i do to recover the os back?
Did you create a nandroid backup of your stock OS before this happened? If so, restore it using the restore option.

If you didn't create a backup, do you know if there are any custom ROMs available for your device? If there are ROMs, you can flash one of them.

If there are not any ROMs, you'll have to flash your stock firmware via Odin. You'll lose root and you'll lose TWRP and revert back to stock recovery.

You'll have to root and flash TWRP again.

Syed Suhail

Apr 4, 2019
Visit site
Hey man, i deleted my os for my note 3, i downloaded the os it from samsung updates, now what please helpp, i realllly need my phone back(Please answer in step by step not a professional, i desperatley need help)!!!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1