Android 4.4.4 AOSP Based d2lte Nightlies

The_Ab5trakt

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
Here is a list of Android 4.4.4 Samsung Galaxy S3 ROMs I've compiled. I figured I would post them here also. These ROMs will work on any US variant of the Samsung Galaxy S3 no matter what carrier you're on. If you have the international version, you'll have to look for your specific device model under each ROM.

I know with Virgin Mobile and Boost Mobile, you lose data if you flash these ROMs, so I've posted APN Settings fixes for both Virgin and Boost in this list. You also lose MMS with both carriers, so I'll post MMS fixes for both carriers also.

I also included the Android 4.4.4 GAPPS with this list as well as the Philz Touch Recovery updates. You don't necessarily need to use Philz. But you do need to use the equivalent of ClockworkMod Recovery 6.0.4.3 or higher.

There are a few extras at the end of this list. I've added the Android L Bootloader and Android L theme. The Android L theme works on ROMs that have Theme Manager, or Cyanogen Theme Showcase, built in them. This allows you to get the Android L look on your phone well before it's official release. I also posted a link to the Android L Keyboard.

I added the link to the Candy Sweetner Pack. This can be used on every AOSP based ROM. I use it every time I flash a ROM. If you're going to clean flash it with the ROM and GAPPS, flash Candy Sweetner last because it uses the Aroma Installer. Just might be easier. But this can also be dirty flashed. That means if you're already running a ROM and want to add the customizations in Candy Sweetner, you can just boot to recovery and flash it without having to wipe your data or cache.

I hope you find this helpful and useful. Being able to use so many ROMs is nice because it shows there is continued development for the GS3 even if it is a couple years old.

I'm assuming everyone is familiar with flashing ROMs, or you wouldn't be on this forum. But it is a risky game, unfortunately. I'm posting these ROMs because there doesn't seem to be a list like this out there. Please, do not blame me if anything happens to your phone. I've posted everything I could to help make the experience easier.

Flash in this order:
1) Android 4.4.4 d2lte Nightly
2) Android 4.4.4 GAPPS
3) APN Settings Fix (for those with Virgin or Boost)
4) Candy Sweetner Pack (optional)

Android 4.4.4 Nightlies

Nameless ROM d2lte

*Nameless ROM info

*Official Nameless ROM Google+ Community Page

AICP ROM d2lte

*AICP ROM info

*AICP/IceColdJelly Google+ Community Page

Vanir ROM d2lte

*Vanir ROM info

*Team Vanir Google+ Community Page

Carbon ROM d2lte

*Carbon ROM info

*Team Carbon Google+ Community Page

Slim ROM d2lte

*Slim ROM info

*Slimroms Google+ Community Page

Liquid Smooth ROM d2lte

*Liquid Smooth ROM info

*LiquidSmooth Google+ Community Page

CyanogenMod ROM d2lte

Cyanogenmod Snapshot d2lte

*CyanogenMod ROM info

*Cyanogenmod Google+ Community Page

PAC ROM d2lte

*PAC ROM info

*PAC-man: The AIO Rom Google+ Community Page

AOKP ROM d2lte

*AOKP ROM info

*Android Open Kang Project Google+ Community Page

OmniROM d2lte

*OmniROM info

Beanstalk ROM d2lte

*Beanstalk ROM info

*Ed Chen Google+ Page

AOSB ROM d2lte

*AOSB ROM info

*AOSB Project Google+ Community Page

Paranoid Android Legacy ROM d2lte

*Paranoid Android Legacy ROM info

*AOSPA Legacy Google+ Community Page

CandyKat ROM d2lte

*CandyKat ROM info

*Team Candy Google+ Community Page

Spirit ROM d2lte

*Spirit ROM Google+ Community Page

Dirty Unicorns ROM d2lte (download link found within)

*Dirty Unicorns Google+ Community Page

InspireOS ROM d2lte

*InspireOS ROM info

*InspireOS Google+ Community Page

BrokenOS ROM d2lte

*BrokenOS ROM Google+ Community Page

Validus ROM d2lte

*Validus ROM info

*Ground Zero ROMs Google+ Community Page

BlissStalk ROM d2lte

*BlissStalk ROM info

Quantum ROM d2lte

*Quantum ROM info

Gummy ROM 10/8 M4 d2lte Build (last official Gummy ROM d2lte build)

Unofficial Android 4.4.4 Builds

Unofficial Dirty Unicorns ROM d2lte builds presented by Joe Carbone (Google+ Page)

Unofficial Dirty Unicorns ROM 10/14 8.0 d2lte Test Build

Unofficial Dirty Unicorns ROM 10/25 8.1 d2lte Test Build

Unofficial Dirty Unicorns ROM 10/29 8.1 d2lte Build

Unofficial LiquidSmooth ROM d2lte builds

Unofficial LiquidSmooth ROM 10/4 d2lte Build (clean flash only)

Unofficial LiquidSmooth ROM 10/22 3.2 d2lte Build

Unofficial AOKP ROM d2lte Nightlies

*Unofficial AOKP ROM Nightlies info

Unofficial Mahdi ROM 9/11 d2lte Build

Unofficial Mahdi ROM 10/25 2.8 d2lte Build (Don't flash custom kernel, ART runs as default)

Unofficial Mahdi ROM 10/25 2.9 d2lte Build

*Mahdi ROM Google+ Community Page

Unofficial Gummy ROM 2/10 d2lte Build

Unofficial CM11 Mastamoon ROM d2lte Builds

*Unofficial CM11 Mastamoon ROM info

Graphene ROM/Unofficial Carbon ROM 10/1 d2lte Build

*Graphene ROM info

Alpha/Beta Android 4.4.4 Builds

Paranoid Android Legacy Alpha Builds

The Schism ROM d2lte Beta Builds

*The Schism ROM info

AOSP d2lte Kernels

BMS d2lte kernel

leankernel d2lte

*leankernel info

Deathly d2lte kernel

*Deathly kernel info

Quantum d2lte kernel

*QuantumKernel info

dkp d2lte kernel

*dkp kernel info

Ktoonsez d2lte kernel

ROM Settings Backup [Beta]

MirrorEnabler

Android 4.4.4 GAPPS

Android 5.0 10/28 GAPPS

Android 5.0 10/30 GAPPS

Virgin Mobile APN Settings Fix

Boost Mobile APN Settings Fix

Philz Touch Recovery d2lte

Android L Boot Animation

Lollipop Boot Animation

Android L Theme

Lollipop Keyboard

Android 5.0 apps

Extra mods for AOSP ROMs. Works on all AOSP based ROMs. Mods include LockRings, GlowDotz, Custom HALO, Scrubbers (volume|media handles), LockMax, Wifi Icons, Signal Icons, In-Call Icons, LockScreen Targets, Clear All Icons, etc customizations. Dirty flashing is acceptable, because being clean is just so boring: Themes and Mods - Welcome to The Candy Shop

I use the Handcent SMS app for sending/receiving MMS. For Virgin Mobile, go to Application Settings>MMS Settings>MMSC and enter http://mmsc.vmobl.com:8088/mms?, then hit OK. For Boost Mobile, go to Application Settings>MMS Settings>MMSC and enter mm.myboostmobile.com. Where it says MMS proxy, enter: 68.28.31.1. And where it says MMS port, enter: 80.And be sure to allow sending and receiving SMS/MMS for Handcent under Apps Permissions.

Last edited:

dingermtb

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Re: Android 4.4.3/4.4.4 AOSP Based d2lte Nightlies

Just wanted to say Thanks! My wife just orfered me the Galaxy S3 from Virgin Mobile and your All In One post has been ECTREMELY helpfum. ! Comi from the Optimus OV, i dreaded hacing to start over. That is until i saw this post. Thanks again:D
Please excuse any typing errors as i'm partially blind

Sent from my ZombieKat 4.4.4-VM670 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

The_Ab5trakt

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
Re: Android 4.4.3/4.4.4 AOSP Based d2lte Nightlies

Just wanted to say Thanks! My wife just orfered me the Galaxy S3 from Virgin Mobile and your All In One post has been ECTREMELY helpfum. ! Comi from the Optimus OV, i dreaded hacing to start over. That is until i saw this post. Thanks again:D
Please excuse any typing errors as i'm partially blind

You're very welcome. I actually have the Virgin Mobile Samsung Galaxy S3. I originally made this list in the Virgin Mobile Samsung Galaxy S3 forum. Here's the link to the forum: Virgin Mobile Galaxy S3 Forum. It might help you with other questions you might have. My list is also there.

The_Ab5trakt

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
This is now an Android 4.4.4 Nightlies list. There are a couple of different unofficial Dirty Unicorns 4.4.4 d2lte builds made by a couple different developers. I posted them both. Also, I found a new ROM. It's the Spirit ROM. I tested it out. Works great. If you're eager to flash a new ROM, check it out.

dingermtb

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
I too am on Virgin Mobile. I do wanna check out PAC. I've used ported versions for the OV and am a big fan. But i think i will try Spirit first. Downloading it now. I've also used a ported version of philz recovery and really like it. Can the recovery be flashed in stock recovery?? It'# beev a long time since i installed a trcovery on a new phone, lol. Hopefully the phone will be here Monday or Tuesday.

The_Ab5trakt

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
I too am on Virgin Mobile. I do wanna check out PAC. I've used ported versions for the OV and am a big fan. But i think i will try Spirit first. Downloading it now. I've also used a ported version of philz recovery and really like it. Can the recovery be flashed in stock recovery?? It'# beev a long time since i installed a trcovery on a new phone, lol. Hopefully the phone will be here Monday or Tuesday.

At first, Philz needs to be ported using Odin. The .tar file is included in the Philz link I provided. Then, if there's an update, you can flash the update after it's ported.

dingermtb

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
With the Spirit POM? Do you use any MODZs with it? On my current phone and ROM, I use CrossBreeder, PurePerformancesX and xLoud clear audio. Wondering if the MODs would be beneficial on this phone. Also currently using Xposed framework with Gravity Box and Xblast Tools.

The_Ab5trakt

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
I think any mods would be beneficial. I'm using Xposed with quite a few modules including GravityBox. I'm using Viper4Android FX for audio. That goes for using any ROM too, not just Spirit. I just like to personalize my phone.

The_Ab5trakt

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
With a lot of these ROMs, Xposed Settings are built into them. It's nice because you don't have to go out of the way to find external Xposed Settings. The ROMs with the most features are Dirty Unicorns. C-RoM (Bluetooth doesn't work with latest build though), AICP, SOKP, Spirit, and Beanstalk.

dingermtb

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Phone should be here tomorrow. Gonna start out with Spirit ROM. May things i used Xposed for is center clock, change carrier name and being partially blind, i use Xblast to make light holo theme a black background with white text. Makes the pop up dialogs easier to see.

I truelly thank you for all the help. It is VERY much appreciated:D

dingermtb

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Loving this Spirit ROM. My only problem is using philz recovery. Font is too small and i'm partially blind. Any way to make font bigger? Luckily i used a ported version for OV and remember where the important things are that i use the most

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

The_Ab5trakt

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
Yes, there is a way to change the font size. I had to search how to do it myself after I saw your post. What you need to do is go to Philz Settings (2nd from the bottom) > GUI Preferences (3rd from the bottom on next page) > and tap on Menu Height (2nd from the top on next page). Tap on Menu Height until you get the font size you want. That should do it.

The_Ab5trakt

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
I did some adjustments with the list. I added an Unofficial Builds section. Unfortunately, Dirty Unicorns stopped officially maintaining d2lte builds. Dirty Unicorns is one of my favorite ROMs. Thanks to a couple developers, we are able to run Dirty Unicorns on our phones. I also found an unofficial Liquid Smooth d2lte build and a developer is making unofficial AOKP builds.

Also, Cyanogenmod released Snapshot M9 this afternoon. I added the link to the Snapshot builds just above the Unofficial Builds section. If you're not familiar with Cyanogenmod Snapshot builds, CM makes them to be incredibly stable. They're made to be stable daily drivers. You should be able to use them day in and day out

Paranoid Android Legacy just released their 4.5 Beta1 d2lte build today also. Paranoid Android Legacy is very similar to Cyanogenmod with minimal features but very stable. What's nice about the 4.5 Beta1 build is that it incorporates the Android L stack recent apps panel. It adds a nice feature to the ROM. If you use the Chrome Beta browser, Google incorporated Android L features in it also. I like how it swipes between tabs.

dingermtb

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Thanks a ton! You ROCK!!! Keeping me busy flashing, lol. One I really like, that i'm running right now is SOKP. I also flashed the latest BMS Kernel. A freat combination, alomg with PurePerformancesX and modified CrossBreeder. This thing runs amazingly.

Being disabled (partially blind), all i do is try out ROMs, wgen the little one is being good, lol.

I have this thread saved to favorites and visit several times a day, lol. This is the ABSOLUTE BEST list around!

Also, if i read right, i believe, philz recovery should be updated soon. I think he's wotking on an update nie.

Again, i can't thank you enough for all your help!

Sent from my SonicZombieKat-SGS3 d2lte using Skyblue Tapatalk 2

The_Ab5trakt

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
Awesome news...

Dirty Unicorn is now officially supporting d2lte

Link to forum [ROM][4.4.4] Dirty Unicorns [v7.8] | Verizon Galaxy S3 | XDA Forum

Link to ROM 8/10 build https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23610159112652946

Sent from my SonicZombieKat-SGS3 d2lte using Skyblue Tapatalk 2

I saw this this morning on Google+. Was definitely excited about it. There were a bunch of us who cried a little when d2lte was no longer maintained. So, we're glad it's back.

dingermtb

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Been running this all day without a hitch. Runs smoorh and fadt. Only thing i miss from my other ROM is the weather clock on the lockscreen. Other than that, loving it. This is now my daily ROM:D

Sent from my DirtyZombieCorn SGS3 using Skyblue Tapatalk 2

The_Ab5trakt

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
Been running this all day without a hitch. Runs smoorh and fadt. Only thing i miss from my other ROM is the weather clock on the lockscreen. Other than that, loving it. This is now my daily ROM:D

Sent from my DirtyZombieCorn SGS3 using Skyblue Tapatalk 2

Before the Android 4.4.4 list, I had one for Android 4.4.2. Dirty Unicorns was by far my favorite ROM. Then, d2lte got dropped by Team D.I.R.T., the dev team that makes the ROM. Quite a few of us cried because of it. I'm kidding....I'm not. I wish I was. So, now we're very glad it's back. I still think it's the pinnacle of what ROMs should be like. I love all the features crammed into it. New builds should be coming in every week now.

The_Ab5trakt

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
Nevermind, a new Dirty Unicorns build was just released today. I guess they're being made more frequently. I ended up just using the link to the XDA page for the ROM. The download link is found in the page. I figured this was easier than replacing the download link every day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome