Recover Photos from Damaged Samsung S3 Phone

jmasl7

Jan 4, 2015
Visit site
I have a samsung s3 phone which has some kind of problem which means it continually reboots every time I try to switch it on. I can restart the phone in recovery mode and access some of the files using the ADB.EXE program that comes with the Android SDK. What I actually want to do is copy the photos that are stored on the phone's internal storage (there is no SD card) onto my PC.

Questions:
1) is it possible to recover the photos using ADB (or any other tool) and, if so how?
2) if it is necessary to have root access for the above, how can root access be achieved when the phone will only work in recovery mode? (I have followed various instructions involving using Odin, however I can't get past the problem whereby the Odin software doesn't appear to recognize the phone as connected via USB (although ADB does recognize this according to the "adb devices" command)

Any help would be appreciated

Regards
John Lewis
Wiesbaden, Germany

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
Try manually flashing the stock rom with Odin. It may prevent it from rebooting. If the current stock rom doesn't work, flash the original one and it it works, just take the OTA updates. Flashing roms shouldn't delete any data from your phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy