unable to root samsung galaxy s3 gt i9300

Sazz Arora

Jan 24, 2015
Visit site
i am a beginner in all this rooting stuff. i am rooting my samsung galaxy s3 first time. i downloaded all the tools that were required to root that includes odin3.07, cf tar file, samsung usb drivers. when i open odin it doesnt recognize my phones model no. niether the time the phone s in downloading mode nor in the on mode and when i usually connect my phone to my pc it shows my phones modelno. in my computers under portable devices. please help me out

Padman1234

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
I had a problem with rooting the i9300 as well. I tried using Odin but it wasn't working. Then I found something called Kingo.
It was really good. It'd basically just this programme you download onto your computer and plug in your phone, and click the root button on the programme and it roots it for you. No need to download any files or anything. So simple.
So just look up 'kingo root' and you should find it. It downloads its own equivalent of SuperSU called KingoSU or something (idk I did a factory reset so its gone off of my phone) but if you want you can just install supersu from the play store.
So yeah just download Kingo and on their website there a should be a tutorial page and find the i9300. Simple

Posted via the Android Central App

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
I had a problem with rooting the i9300 as well. I tried using Odin but it wasn't working. Then I found something called Kingo.
It was really good. It'd basically just this programme you download onto your computer and plug in your phone, and click the root button on the programme and it roots it for you. No need to download any files or anything. So simple.
So just look up 'kingo root' and you should find it. It downloads its own equivalent of SuperSU called KingoSU or something (idk I did a factory reset so its gone off of my phone) but if you want you can just install supersu from the play store.
So yeah just download Kingo and on their website there a should be a tutorial page and find the i9300. Simple

Posted via the Android Central App