Hey everyone

So i have a Galaxy s3 GT i9300 and it looks like bootloader can't be unlocked in it (Not sure about it) And i want to flash TWRP Recovery to Flash CM14. is there anyway that i can flash TWRP and The custom Rom to my device?

Note : I'm ready to flash TWRP And the Rom but i don't know if my bootloader is unlocked or not so , I'm a little scared that it'll brick my phone
    08-11-2017 05:37 AM
    well... towards the end of 2013, Samsung pushed a JB update that locked the bootloader down pretty tight and, I believe, no one ever managed to work around it. There was quite a few discussions about making sure if you picked one up, you told the sales rep to not power it on and let it update (since the 'factory' version was always an old, unlockable build).

If your phone had an update after Nov or Dec 2013, it's might be permalocked... But you might be able to find something to get through it. I don't know where it lead as I traded in my (unlocked) SIII for a Nexus 5 a month later.
    08-11-2017 08:36 AM
    Hey LeoRex
    Thanks for the information

Well , I don't remember updating my phone After 2013 .
    But i remember that i flashed CM11 before (I don't really remember it was like 2 years ago) And i didn't like it so i just flashed a stock ROM
    Does that mean that my bootloader is unlocked?
    Is there anyway that i can check if it's unlocked or not?
    08-11-2017 09:52 AM
    Oh... you MIGHT be OK, depending on how you flashed the stock ROM... if you used ODIN and loaded an official, that may have re-locked it.

There should be a way to check it's state... but being an older phone, there's a lot of stale (mis)information abound. Go do some searches... XDA Developers might be your best bet.
    08-11-2017 01:16 PM