My thoughts on purchasing another Samsung product is that it ain't gonna happen again in this lifetime!!!!!

Each of Sammy's new product line all seem to share the same poor quality. Just look at the forums from A-Z and all you basically see is that Samsung FAILS to deliver a OVERALL quality product. These are the truths about Samsung products as it stands and literally can't be disputed:

1. Sub Par build quality - It is widely known by users and critics that Samsungs obsession with light weight and thin (Apple) yields a product that feels cheap in the hand due to its cheap plastic design.

2. Sub Par Radio - Seems like virtually all of the GS lines have problems with getting a stong reception where other handset makers excel in this department. See Sprint, Verizon and Att forums for proof of this.

3. Horrid GPS performance - This is hands down a no brainer and it seems that Samsung doesn't give a rats A** about fixing the problem.

4. Horrid loudspeaker performance - Many users have to use 3rd party apps just to get their phone to sound as loud as an old flip phone. Sammy seems not to care about what the end user wants because even their new designs feature the same crappy lone speaker at the bottom of the phone.

5. Horrid Audio recording when recording video - Could be caused by the cheap microphone used to record

6. Updates - Speaks for itself WORST IN THE INDUSTRY!!!!!!!

With this said other than the Super Amoled screen and the slightly but losing ground camera Samsung products should be the LAST thing that users want. Us android fans should demand better and boycott their products until they show that they are listening to what quality we demand!!!!
    02-01-2012 07:09 PM
    Well that's your opinion, but I've had none of those issues with my Epic 4G Touch, and I can't wait to get the Galaxy S3.
    02-01-2012 10:53 PM
    And what phone have u been using? The Captivate had a lot of GPS issues but I've had no issues with my GS2 International.
    02-02-2012 02:33 AM
    I have the original 1st gen Samsung Galaxy S (T595D). Yes, the GPS has publically known to be flaky and I had to tweak around it ( did the hardware mod + gps settings).... its now usable (locks in 10-30s). Still aint great, but acceptable.

In spite of this, I have absolutely no issues with the Samsung line of Galaxy's. In fact, when it was time for my wife to upgrade I did not hesitate to get a Samsung Galaxy ACE for her. Her GPS locks fast and quick. My friend as an SII, and it locks perfectly too.

Overall, I do like Samsung phones A LOT and would not hesitate to stick with the brand.
    ikeywatson likes this.
    02-02-2012 02:54 AM
    My thoughts on purchasing another Samsung product is that it ain't gonna happen again in this lifetime!!!!!

Each of Sammy's new product line all seem to share the same poor quality. Just look at the forums from A-Z and all you basically see is that Samsung FAILS to deliver a OVERALL quality product. These are the truths about Samsung products as it stands and literally can't be disputed:

1. Sub Par build quality - It is widely known by users and critics that Samsungs obsession with light weight and thin (Apple) yields a product that feels cheap in the hand due to its cheap plastic design.

2. Sub Par Radio - Seems like virtually all of the GS lines have problems with getting a stong reception where other handset makers excel in this department. See Sprint, Verizon and Att forums for proof of this.

3. Horrid GPS performance - This is hands down a no brainer and it seems that Samsung doesn't give a rats A** about fixing the problem.

4. Horrid loudspeaker performance - Many users have to use 3rd party apps just to get their phone to sound as loud as an old flip phone. Sammy seems not to care about what the end user wants because even their new designs feature the same crappy lone speaker at the bottom of the phone.

5. Horrid Audio recording when recording video - Could be caused by the cheap microphone used to record

With this said other than the Super Amoled screen and the slightly but losing ground camera Samsung products should be the LAST thing that users want. Us android fans should demand better and boycott their products until they show that they are listening to what quality we demand!!!!
    The only one I can agree with is #2. I have had no issues with "cheap build quality" my nexus locks on gps in about 15 seconds not to mention carriers slow down updates on all phones here in the states which is why i got a nexus.
    02-02-2012 09:14 PM
    I actually would be hard pressed to buy any other mfg, based on what I've seen and held in the stores lately. I don't want a brick (HTC), and I don't care for the design or feel of Motorola. And the screen on my Fascinate still looks fantastic, compared to every phone on the market. The plastic build works for me, it's lightweight and thin, which is exactly what I want in my phone. Once I rooted and loaded a custom ROM, I have had zero problems with the radio or GPS. The release of the Samsung GSIII in the fall is perfect timing for my upgrade.
    02-06-2012 01:36 PM
    I said the same thing until I got a SGS2. I fell in love with it but letting my daughter use because she's now having issues with her sight. Once her treatments are done I'm taking my phone back!
    02-06-2012 02:16 PM
    There are a lot of people who like Samsung's mobile products, so you're going to have a tough time finding a ton of people sympathetic to your complaints. You will get some sympathizers though, but would probably garner more support in Motorola or HTC forums heh. Every phone manufacturer has it's issues, it's just that Samsung's common shortcomings seem to really get to you personally. Everyone's entitled to their opinion though, and as it sounds like you've already decided to do, you can vote with your wallet buy choosing not to buy another Samsung product.

By the way, I guess you've decided to move to a new forum identity, but I know who you are hehe. Don't worry though, your secret is safe with me.
    02-06-2012 03:06 PM
    There are a lot of people who like Samsung's mobile products, so you're going to have a tough time finding a ton of people sympathetic to your complaints. You will get some sympathizers though, but would probably garner more support in Motorola or HTC forums heh. Every phone manufacturer has it's issues, it's just that Samsung's common shortcomings seem to really get to you personally. Everyone's entitled to their opinion though, and as it sounds like you've already decided to do, you can vote with your wallet buy choosing not to buy another Samsung product.

By the way, I guess you've decided to move to a new forum identity, but I know who you are hehe. Don't worry though, your secret is safe with me.
    He is not dguidry1 or whatever his name is.... is he?
    02-06-2012 04:09 PM

"Worst in the industry?" Have you been around the LG camp lately? I will personally dispute that with you any day of the week. Better yet I will trade you this crappy G2X I have for whatever Sammy product you currently have. LG no more.
    02-28-2012 09:53 PM
    The only point I could agree on is the sub par build quality, but they have vastly improved over the last 2 years so i'm not sure that's still an issue. The Galaxy S2 phones are well made and I havent heard many people having problems with them.
    03-05-2012 11:30 AM
    Though the Samsung smart phone have certain disadvantages, the people buying them because of extended backup support.
    03-09-2012 04:52 AM
    I still have a Fascinate and don't have any of the problems listed. This is still an excellent phone for its age. I will definitely be getting a Samsung for my next phone.
    03-10-2012 02:29 AM
    #6 Applies to everybody. I just want ics to either come out on a new phone or as an update. Please come on!

I would on the GN (International)if it had 32GB and a better camera.
    03-11-2012 04:26 PM
    After having both the Samsung Epic 4g and the Nexus S 4g, my biggest complaints are...

Sammy needs to look into new radio's... Bottom line, I can stand around my neighbors with HTC's/LG's/Moto's and they all have better signal than me... Put that on top of having Sprint as my carrier and you start to form a picture...

GPS, never really had a problem.. Guess I had the good picks of the mix.. Always lock on good and solid..

Speakers... Epic 4g was nice, NS4G not so great in this department.

Screen/display... AMOLED displays are simply awesome... Hands down.

Sammy's updates.... Poor poor poor... They really need to focus on this area...

If I had my pick of the things I would like addressed the most, I would say radio/signal quality... The others I can live with... The SGSIII should be an awesome device, lets just hope Sammy listens to its customers and addresses some of these issues in this device and the future.
    03-14-2012 10:28 PM
    What's the deal on the Samsung Event scheduled for today.. the 15th.
    03-15-2012 12:36 AM
    What's the deal on the Samsung Event scheduled for today.. the 15th.
    I've been looking around all day, nothing yet. It's certainly looking like this has nothing to do with the GSIII or a 11" tablet, and probably an ICS-related event. Someone suggested an Ace 2/Mini 2 event, which kinda makes sense.
    03-15-2012 03:00 PM
    Motorola has worse updates. However, both Motorola and Samsung phones are sub-par.
    04-11-2012 04:55 PM
    I have an og evo. Bought my wife the epic on release day and got her epic touch in January (on My Birthday go figure). The displays on the epic and the touch are outstanding. As far as build quality my nephew has the epic and screen ribbon had to be replaced but ins paid so no biggie. Even though I prefer htc I dont see any problems with someone going with samsing flagship devices. I like when manufacturers raise the bar. I'm glad that after almost two years with ego whatever I upgrade to I know it will be better.
    04-19-2012 06:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD