GS3 In the AT&T pipeline?

tcm1969

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
I was just at a corporate store in Woodbury, MN looking at the Galaxy Note. I told the rep it was hard to buy the Note with all the GS3 rumors swirling and he said that the Samsung rep told them it was "in the pipeline for early summer (at AT&T)". If true, it's not only real but close. Who knows? Add it to the rumor pile......

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Re: GS3 In the AT&T pipeline?

Hard to say. US carrier variants of the SGSII were late last year. 4+ months after the GSM International version release. The SGSIII is rumored to be announced and unveiled on May 22nd, and I read some reports about Samsung wanting to do a release in the summer. I also read about some speculation that Samsung may want to try to line up the release with the summer Olympics in London, since they're a major corporate sponsor of the games. Whether or not that release includes the US carriers is a big question though.

Hopefully US carrier variant squabbles don't delay the US release again this year.

tcm1969

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Hopefully they are trying to avoid the GS2 release fragmentation and have a "world release". It was ridiculous that the GS2 took so long to hit the states! Maybe Sammy is taking that into consideration this time. I can hold off on my upgrade for a couple of months and hopefully will have some concrete info by then.

T.phillips39

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
I agree. I think Samsung needs to just put their foot down and say "don't F with our phone" and release it on all the carriers. If apple can release the iPhone without any carrier branding or bloatware, how come Samsung can't?

Zorachus

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
Now that carriers know the Galaxy line is very popular and successful, I would love Samsung to be stronger and just release one version of the S3 worldwide just like Apple and the iPhone.

U.S. carriers are the biggest problem. They all want their own specific different version, that only works on their specific network.

But somehow Apple is allowed to push just one single made device each year, and only change the radios inside to work on each carriers network.

T.phillips39

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Now that carriers know the Galaxy line is very popular and successful, I would love Samsung to be stronger and just release one version of the S3 worldwide just like Apple and the iPhone.

U.S. carriers are the biggest problem. They all want their own specific different version, that only works on their specific network.

But somehow Apple is allowed to push just one single made device each year, and only change the radios inside to work on each carriers network.

Yea, I don't get why apple is so special to the u.s. carriers that they don't mess with the iPhone at all and yet every android phone has bloatware and carrier branding. Maybe Steve jobs just put his foot up there ass and said if you touch our phone, you won't get it. I think that's what Samsung needs to do. Take a stand and stop fragmenting your flagship line

rundown87

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
Yea, I don't get why apple is so special to the u.s. carriers that they don't mess with the iPhone at all and yet every android phone has bloatware and carrier branding. Maybe Steve jobs just put his foot up there ass and said if you touch our phone, you won't get it. I think that's what Samsung needs to do. Take a stand and stop fragmenting your flagship line
Probably has something to do with the iPhone being the best selling phone by far.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

Lorak

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I think it has more to do with the number of android phones. Carriers want to change thiers to make it stand out in the crowd a bit. With the iphone there is only one so your not competing with verizons droids, or samsungs numerous offerings or LG, or HTC ect.

Iphone is Iphone and same as itunes and everything else apple releated they make real sure that users have no choice. Only thing user can decide is what network to use it on.

T.phillips39

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
I think it has more to do with the number of android phones. Carriers want to change thiers to make it stand out in the crowd a bit. With the iphone there is only one so your not competing with verizons droids, or samsungs numerous offerings or LG, or HTC ect.

Iphone is Iphone and same as itunes and everything else apple releated they make real sure that users have no choice. Only thing user can decide is what network to use it on.

I think you hit the nail on the head with that answer