EeZeEpEe

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I don't really like the picture quality of the s2. I just care it's at least an upgrade from that. I take a lot of pics of my nieces and nephews with my phone. It just needs to be better quality than the s2.

Quality of still pictures is great. It's getting things that are in motion is where you can still tell it's from a smartphone. I'm going to take a guess that your nieces and nephews move a lot. :)

Urbancowboy69

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Lol yeah a lot. I don't like quality of the photos in low light either. I would be happy with 8 mp as long as it was upgraded from the S2. What are your thoughts on the s3 camera?

matt0715

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Lol yeah a lot. I don't like quality of the photos in low light either. I would be happy with 8 mp as long as it was upgraded from the S2. What are your thoughts on the s3 camera?

The s3 camera should be good, it will most likely be up to par with the one x or better.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Shooter will be good regardless of 8 or 12, I'm interested in how much internal memory to properly deal with ICS and also battery size and life with rumored different engines under the hood ;)

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I don't know what to do at this point. Part of me wants to say, sure half or even all those rumors COULD be true, but in the back of my mind I know, it won't lol.

So what to do? Keep looking up info on this phone, checking in every day to get more and more hyped right up to the launch date, only to find hey CNet was right, it's just a slight refresh of the S2. Nice...

I think at this point it would be best to just let it go for a bit and come back on May 3rd ;) then when the Galaxy SII Super HD is released we won't be heartbroken hahahaha

matt0715

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I don't know what to do at this point. Part of me wants to say, sure half or even all those rumors COULD be true, but in the back of my mind I know, it won't lol.

So what to do? Keep looking up info on this phone, checking in every day to get more and more hyped right up to the launch date, only to find hey CNet was right, it's just a slight refresh of the S2. Nice...

I think at this point it would be best to just let it go for a bit and come back on May 3rd ;) then when the Galaxy SII Super HD is released we won't be heartbroken hahahaha

i tried to let it go... its impossible lol

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site

This is true. If you have no expectations, then there's nothing to crush. :D

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I have a E4GT, and I must say, besides not having ICS yet and having a lower screen resolution, I am still extremly happy with this phone. In essence, if they were to just pop out the "incremental" update of a 720p Super Amoled plus display with the quad core Exynos, I'd still be happy, simply because it would just have to come with ICS, and it would have to come with an updated version of Touchwiz, after all, even Apple, the king of incremental updates, comes out with a new version of iOS for every new iPhone, granted, it looks the same, but the version number is higher and they do copy all they find useful from Android. ;-)

stcloud99

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I haven't seen the android road map in awhile but when the GS3 actually launches in the fall, will it be running Ice Cream Sandwich or Jellybean? The only reason I ask is I have the Epic 4g and its pretty amazing how much the newer versions Android, going all the way back to Eclair to currently running ICS, has impacted the performance of my phone.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I haven't seen the android road map in awhile but when the GS3 actually launches in the fall, will it be running Ice Cream Sandwich or Jellybean? The only reason I ask is I have the Epic 4g and its pretty amazing how much the newer versions Android, going all the way back to Eclair to currently running ICS, has impacted the performance of my phone.

I would say ICS. New OS's have always been released on the Nexus line and at this point we haven't heard anything solid about Jellybean or a new Nexus so at this moment in time lets go with ICS.

Reactions: stcloud99

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
If Samsung are keeping their word, the GS3 will come out between June and July, not the fall. If it were to come out in the fall, it would be because US carriers did the same as they did last year and that hopefully won't happen. Also, since the hardware is basically set in stone when it is announced on May 3rd, and since Jellybean is nothing more than a educated guess, there is absolutely no way we will see it on the GS3, maybe as an update next May, but definitely not out of the box.

Lanhoj

May 16, 2011
Visit site
June / July?
Forget it!
I was thinking of getting it as an "in-between" device IF the SGS3 was out by late May / early June. However, if I need to wait til July or later I'll just forget it and just be content to wait to upgrade my GNex to the Nexus 4.

unashamedgeek

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Anyone think there is any chance at all that this phone would support the s-pen/digitizer? I would be pumped if it supported it as an accessory/option.

Let the dream squashing begin...

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Haven't even considered talk about the s-pen/digitizer. I'm going to say no on this because it would then take away from the Note and is sales.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy