05-01-2012 10:43 PM
166 12345 ...
tools
    Damn man i was hoping it was the dual core a15 one
    Well, how I read the article, the source was not sure exactly what the specs of the dual core would be, just that the US version would probably be a dual core. I put this together with what the OP stated that the US version would be dual core A15s. Sounds like the OP's source is on point.
    04-19-2012 08:31 AM
    Damn, I just hope we dont get stuck with an inferior processor. WE WANT THE A15 DUALCORE EXYNOS 5250!! I just want May 3rd to get here already. All these rumors(true or not) are driving me insane.
    04-19-2012 09:19 AM
    If that's for the international version and Sprint is getting the dual core A15, I am all for it. I just don't get that this Meizu thing will have the same processor as Samsungs flagship phone, just doesn't make sense to me.
    Yeh same makes no sense, some random phone pops up with the same power as the new s3, maybe they will put in something different
    04-19-2012 09:42 AM
    Well, how I read the article, the source was not sure exactly what the specs of the dual core would be, just that the US version would probably be a dual core. I put this together with what the OP stated that the US version would be dual core A15s. Sounds like the OP's source is on point.
    I guess the uK will be gettin the a9 one then, looks more than likely......
    04-19-2012 09:43 AM
    No word on the HTC One for Verizon...
    Now the possibility of no GS3...Droid Fighter, where are you?

It's getting awfully bleak being a Verizon customer right about now.

Sent from my Fascinate on ICS.
    k6tcher likes this.
    04-19-2012 02:00 PM
    No word on the HTC One for Verizon...
    Now the possibility of no GS3...Droid Fighter, where are you?

It's getting awfully bleak being a Verizon customer right about now.

Sent from my Fascinate on ICS.
    I don't see why Verizon owners have this perspective. Verizon has had a U.S. exclusive on the best phone out right now, and that is the Galaxy Nexus. And then they will get the HTC One X in the form of the new HTC incredible. Don't know what the whining and whimpering is all about. Verizon will probably get the next Nexus as well.
    04-19-2012 02:24 PM
    I don't see why Verizon owners have this perspective. Verizon has had a U.S. exclusive on the best phone out right now, and that is the Galaxy Nexus. And then they will get the HTC One X in the form of the new HTC incredible. Don't know what the whining and whimpering is all about. Verizon will probably get the next Nexus as well.
    It's all possible but nothing has been announced. The Nexus on Verizon is great but I was a bit underwhelmed by its performance and I'm comparing it to my Fascinate with ICS. I don't see it as a good buy for 2013. Anyway, I'm getting off topic. Missing out on the GS3 will be disappointing.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
    04-19-2012 02:54 PM
    I don't need a stock Android experience. I need a Samsumg phone that has top-of-the-line hardware to warrant me blowing my 2-year upgrade. I want the S3. You guys (other carriers) can have this Nexus and the next one too, as far as I'm concerned. We didn't get the S2 either, cut us some slack over here.
    k6tcher likes this.
    04-19-2012 08:02 PM
    Makes me think twice about the E4GLTE
    04-20-2012 12:38 AM
    The nexus isnt that great, many people switched to it and were not impressed at all
    04-20-2012 01:33 AM
    IMO if the s3 is a minor upgrade then samsung can blame itself when the iphone kills its sales... Samsung have made a good brand now they have to just bring out a classy powerful s3
    MannyZ28 likes this.
    04-20-2012 05:03 PM
    IMO if the s3 is a minor upgrade then samsung can blame itself when the iphone kills its sales... Samsung have made a good brand now they have to just bring out a classy powerful s3
    Totally agree with you. Even if it means delaying the phone. You gotta make something that will stand out from the rest. You know your rival, Apple, will and they will crush you if your phone is average.
    04-20-2012 05:15 PM
    It seems as though the power has shifted and now is in HTC's favor. Samsung had 2011 and unless Samsung doesn't put an A15 chip in their SGS3, then HTC will have 2012.
    04-20-2012 08:29 PM
    It seems as though the power has shifted and now is in HTC's favor. Samsung had 2011 and unless Samsung doesn't put an A15 chip in their SGS3, then HTC will have 2012.
    I think Samsung will be able to pull ahead of HTC. HTC phones always have a slew of problems at launch (I had the thunderbolt on launch day). If the A9 is as good as the S4, Samsung will be in good shape, but the A15 will pull them ahead really far
    04-20-2012 08:56 PM
    Yeh true... Either that or samsung will still be top but just with a heavily slashed reputation... A15 chip plus amoled hd + is what it needs to have for me to last for a year
    Officerpolabear likes this.
    04-20-2012 09:20 PM
    Totally agree with you. Even if it means delaying the phone. You gotta make something that will stand out from the rest. You know your rival, Apple, will and they will crush you if your phone is average.
    Yes i would welcome a delay with open arms im sure most people would... At last a company has come that has the power to damage the apple dominance... Being a previous bb user im so used to being dissapointed lol... *prays for an ifone killer*
    04-20-2012 09:25 PM
    Seems like a lot of the stuff you said is correct, 8 megapixel version of the phone found yesterday (American) and one for Germany said to have 12 mp. Looking forward to it but it seems more equal to the E4GLTE than better
    04-20-2012 09:27 PM
    I am not sure I could "settle" for a Evo 4G LTE. In quite a few reviews that I have seen of both the One S (with S4 chip) and the One X (Tegra 3), the reviewers complained of laggyness. I have had enough of that in my former Evo products. If Samsung does the unthinkable and disappoints us with the GS3, then I'd just have to wait it out until the next big thing. I just don't get why Samsung would drop the ball, with the Olympic sponsorship and all that media exposure and all that secrecy, you'd expect something more than that thing we saw in the Vietnam video. What gives me hope (besides what the OP posted) are the controversial specs and the fact that the i9300 in the video already is 4 months old. Samsung works quick, I am sure they can squeeze some better hardware in there before this thing is released to the world. They have to beat Apple, that seems to be their focus currently, but expectations are high, and I hope they can meet and exceed them.
    04-20-2012 09:46 PM
    Yeh true... Either that or samsung will still be top but just with a heavily slashed reputation... A15 chip plus amoled hd + is what it needs to have for me to last for a year
    Yeah. That's what's going to be the factor between me getting the SGS3 or the Evo 4G LTE. If it doesn't have that A15 chip inside, it's a no-go for me.
    04-21-2012 12:41 AM
    I am not sure I could "settle" for a Evo 4G LTE. In quite a few reviews that I have seen of both the One S (with S4 chip) and the One X (Tegra 3), the reviewers complained of laggyness. I have had enough of that in my former Evo products. If Samsung does the unthinkable and disappoints us with the GS3, then I'd just have to wait it out until the next big thing. I just don't get why Samsung would drop the ball, with the Olympic sponsorship and all that media exposure and all that secrecy, you'd expect something more than that thing we saw in the Vietnam video. What gives me hope (besides what the OP posted) are the controversial specs and the fact that the i9300 in the video already is 4 months old. Samsung works quick, I am sure they can squeeze some better hardware in there before this thing is released to the world. They have to beat Apple, that seems to be their focus currently, but expectations are high, and I hope they can meet and exceed them.
    Good point. I don't see Samsung creating all this hype for the SGS3 if it were just a rehashed version of the Galaxy Nexus (or a toned down version of the Galaxy Note). Also, Samsung is proven to be quick (just look how quickly they changed their Galaxy Tab design to be thinner than the iPad 2).
    04-21-2012 12:44 AM
    "I expect you'll be satisfied on May 3rd "

That's all he left me with. Time to wait this one out guys.
    04-21-2012 02:55 PM
    "I expect you'll be satisfied on May 3rd "

That's all he left me with. Time to wait this one out guys.
    I'll try my hardest to not pay attention to all the leaks, but it will be hard :P
    04-21-2012 03:35 PM
    Love Devine,

What did you ask him to receive that answer? I'd sleep better if you asked him if we're getting a 5250! LOL
    04-21-2012 04:04 PM
    For me the new phone isn't about specs. Anyone can produce now a high spec phone. All higher specs do is make a slightly better device. Big deal. It must be about style and software integration. That is why the iPhone does so well. This is Samsung's chance to do an Apple. There is so much buzz about the new phone, I just hope it's a piece of art.
    04-21-2012 05:33 PM
    I'm coming from a Droid X so I can't be easily disappointed. I just want a fast *** 4G phone with an HD screen and a good camera. I could care less about A9 or A15 whose really gunna notice the difference in everyday use? NO ONE! Whatever specs it has it's going to be the fastest phone out there for a few months at least and that's just how it is.
    04-22-2012 03:14 PM
166 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD