04-24-2012 05:50 AM
51 123
tools
    According to someone else..

Last year, samsung released a teaser for the GS2 11 days before it was revealed to all (in its fantastic and powerful glory)... the countdown is counting down to a day thats 11 days before may 3rd.... coincidence?

I think not.

Teaser video.. i call it
    Tkbredx and matt0715 like this.
    04-23-2012 01:25 AM
    Good find about the 11 days.

Here's the video from a year ago.... we actually get to see some of the phone at the very end (The S2 that is)

Lets see if we get to see just as much in 4 hours and 49 mins!
    04-23-2012 02:11 AM
    Half an hour! I'm going to be on the bus to school, FML!
    04-23-2012 06:27 AM
    It is indeed a teaser for the phone, and includes a funny rib about iSheep. Sorry, no picture of the actual device though.
    04-23-2012 07:03 AM
    Aw, that sucks. I can't get to it from my phone, I think the servers are overloaded.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5
    04-23-2012 07:04 AM
    04-23-2012 07:06 AM
    its not openin
    04-23-2012 07:08 AM
    its not openin
    Yeah, probably too much traffic right now.
    04-23-2012 07:09 AM
    https://www.thenextgalaxy.com/ website doesn't work. Probably too much traffic.
    04-23-2012 08:03 AM
    Thats the spoiler....

Problem loading page.....

LOL...
    04-23-2012 08:09 AM
    Several hints in the video:

1) "a galaxy fits perfectly into your hands" - Indicates a big screen like rumoured.
    2) "your view of the world grows even wider”" - Could indicate the rumoured edge to edge screen.
    3) "As you gain the power to explore freely and swiftly" - Could indicate the rumoured all day battery life.

Gotta LOVE the sheep at the end. A good laugh for a Monday!!!
    04-23-2012 08:10 AM
    Bottom line no pictures or anything of the phone so don't get your hopes up. Sammy is gonna make us suffer right up to the final moment
    04-23-2012 08:18 AM
    Yes i was right about the teaser vid... Any idea on whats next... If there is anything ??
    04-23-2012 10:41 AM
    Several hints in the video:

1) "a galaxy fits perfectly into your hands" - Indicates a big screen like rumoured.
    2) "your view of the world grows even wider”" - Could indicate the rumoured edge to edge screen.
    3) "As you gain the power to explore freely and swiftly" - Could indicate the rumoured all day battery life.

Gotta LOVE the sheep at the end. A good laugh for a Monday!!!
    Yeh more or less spot on...maybe another one could be the cloud service allows you to keep everything in one place.... Lol @ the sheep.... Gotta love that diss
    04-23-2012 10:55 AM
    Yeh more or less spot on...maybe another one could be the cloud service allows you to keep everything in one place.... Lol @ the sheep.... Gotta love that diss
    I'm thinking that the S3 will be 16gb with extra storage in Samsungs new cloud service. Hopefully, they'll give out A LOT of space with the purchase of the S3. I'm looking at 100gb FREE FOREVER, but only if you buy the S3. Screw this 25gb free for 2 years then you have to pay. I'm looking at you HTC.
    04-23-2012 11:34 AM
    Also, why isn't thenextgalaxy website working? I don't think it's too much traffic anymore, I think Samsung doesn't have the site ready for public viewing. Can you say dropped the ball?
    04-23-2012 11:37 AM
    I'm thinking that the S3 will be 16gb with extra storage in Samsungs new cloud service. Hopefully, they'll give out A LOT of space with the purchase of the S3. I'm looking at 100gb FREE FOREVER, but only if you buy the S3. Screw this 25gb free for 2 years then you have to pay. I'm looking at you HTC.
    If it allows a SD card i will probably not even need the cloud storage, but then again its good just incase.
    04-23-2012 11:39 AM
    I really REALLY hate cloud storage.

As an optional thing for users to have at their fingertips, sure it's good. But to squander any means of having your own physical storage on device, and forcing cloud storage on the user, is just wrong and imho a shift in the wrong direction.

It is just another way to get money out of a user, and no real benefits since it was available at all times anyways... now you HAVE to use it since that seems to be the way to go with phone manufacturers today... ughhh I really was looking forward to using a SDXC in this phone

Please Samsung, surprise me and give me an SDCard slot...
    04-23-2012 11:39 AM
    Also, why isn't thenextgalaxy website working? I don't think it's too much traffic anymore, I think Samsung doesn't have the site ready for public viewing. Can you say dropped the ball?
    yeh not working for me either, sometimes it redirects me to the youtube page where it shows the galaxy note vid with ICS, maybe that was the surprise
    04-23-2012 11:40 AM
    I really REALLY hate cloud storage.

As an optional thing for users to have at their fingertips, sure it's good. But to squander any means of having your own physical storage on device, and forcing cloud storage on the user, is just wrong and imho a shift in the wrong direction.

It is just another way to get money out of a user, and no real benefits since it was available at all times anyways... now you HAVE to use it since that seems to be the way to go with phone manufacturers today... ughhh I really was looking forward to using a SDXC in this phone

Please Samsung, surprise me and give me an SDCard slot...
    I agree. My main issue with "the cloud" is that you can only post data that's 150mb or less, unless, you pay for the service, then it's probably more. It's an interesting concept which I may or may not use, but if you FORCE me to use it and I don't want to pay for it, then I'm screwed.

I want an sd card slot as well. They contribute nothing to the thickness of the phone. It seems that all manufacturers either have their own cloud service (apple, Samsung, Google) or are in cahoots with a company (HTC and Dropbox).
    04-23-2012 11:53 AM
    I just want to get my ICS update! Att get your stuff together hahah
    04-23-2012 12:32 PM
    Samsung probably picked up a couple Pentium III servers on craigslist for the web servers to bum us out. LOL

Edit: Just got it working on youtube:

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NnVU8R6mAU&feature=player_embedded[/YT]
    BEARD GANG likes this.
    04-23-2012 01:41 PM
    Ok, the website works now. They had the wrong url in the release. It's:

A GALAXY Unpacked

You can sign up for details and apparently, Samsung, along with everyone else, will be streaming the event on this site.
    04-23-2012 03:35 PM
    I wasnt expecting much out of this but at the same time I kind of was. I thought I'd get a glimpse of the phone but nope. May 3rd... hurry up
    04-24-2012 01:03 AM
    With all this talk about Samsung's Cloud service, I hope people have not forgot that Google Drive is on the horizon as well.

Google Drive May Support 100gbs of Storage (paid monthly)
    04-24-2012 05:32 AM
51 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD