Galaxy S3 Pics?

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Will probably happen in 5 years time, for now samsung will continue to make cheap plastic phones.. all they need to do is add some class and it will be up there with the iphone

Cheaply made? My epic 4G touch sailed of a 4 foot high table onto a tile floor with the screen side hitting the floor. Not a scratch on it! The back door didn't fall off either, the glass is still perfect and I couldn't find a mark on it. My friend has a iphone 4s, and that "premium" phone has cracked glass on both sides. To me the iphone looks boring, it's a brick with some metal around it and fingerprint attracting and easily cracked glass on both sides. The sharp edges don't feel comfortable until you put a case on it and the added weight of those premium materials is what's responsible for all the cracked glass. Thanks but no thanks. Call the lightness of the gs2 cheap all you want, to me it feels much better in the hand and it handles drops much better as well. My phone als has no creaks and squeaks to make it feel cheap.

Sorry if this was slightly off topic, but I am tired of all this cheap built quality bs. This phone is the first one I didn't have to have replace in the first two weeks, my palm pre wouldn't charge, my evo 4G had the lifting screen, and my evo 3d had so many issues I traded it in for the epic and paid full price.

OK, done ranting, back to the topic! :)

BEARD GANG

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Cheaply made? My epic 4G touch sailed of a 4 foot high table onto a tile floor with the screen side hitting the floor. Not a scratch on it! The back door didn't fall off either, the glass is still perfect and I couldn't find a mark on it. My friend has a iphone 4s, and that "premium" phone has cracked glass on both sides. To me the iphone looks boring, it's a brick with some metal around it and fingerprint attracting and easily cracked glass on both sides. The sharp edges don't feel comfortable until you put a case on it and the added weight of those premium materials is what's responsible for all the cracked glass. Thanks but no thanks. Call the lightness of the gs2 cheap all you want, to me it feels much better in the hand and it handles drops much better as well. My phone als has no creaks and squeaks to make it feel cheap.

Sorry if this was slightly off topic, but I am tired of all this cheap built quality bs. This phone is the first one I didn't have to have replace in the first two weeks, my palm pre wouldn't charge, my evo 4G had the lifting screen, and my evo 3d had so many issues I traded it in for the epic and paid full price.

OK, done ranting, back to the topic! :)

Lol really no need for the essays... I just meant as in weight and how it feels cheap in your hand... For me it needed abit more weight

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Ofcourse it will have touchwiz... Maybe the new version will be nicely revamped

Hopefully so, TouchWiz is just kind of ugly in my opinion it seems old school compared to the futuristic stock Android and radiant Sense. It fits the Note though. If I went with the E4GLTE I'd be ok with Sense 4 but going with the GS3 I'd have to root for vanilla ICS.

BEARD GANG

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Hopefully so, TouchWiz is just kind of ugly in my opinion it seems old school compared to the futuristic stock Android and radiant Sense. It fits the Note though. If I went with the E4GLTE I'd be ok with Sense 4 but going with the GS3 I'd have to root for vanilla ICS.

Well i think samsung may of taken that on board with the dual boot rumours of twizz and vanilla ui... For me twizz is brilliant... But then again so is everything since i came from bb os lol...

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Well i think samsung may of taken that on board with the dual boot rumours of twizz and vanilla ui... For me twizz is brilliant... But then again so is everything since i came from bb os lol...

Never going to happen. That is way more involved than a simple scene change like in Sense.

The most that might happen is they have the option to change themes to look more like AOSP than Touchwiz, but it won't get rid of it.

brainimpact

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm not feeling much love for the S3 so far, it does not seem that much of a big stride forward when you consider over a year as gone since S2 was announced.
Maybe I'll change my mind next week when I see the design & real thing in action

BcSirstaroth

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
Just a quick question, since I'm new to androids and hopefully getting my first one soon, TouchWiz is the launcher used on Samsung phones? Why do people not like it and does any know what the new one might look like?

solid_s_1117

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Just a quick question, since I'm new to androids and hopefully getting my first one soon, TouchWiz is the launcher used on Samsung phones? Why do people not like it and does any know what the new one might look like?

T-wiz and other OEM skin overlays (like Sense on HTC phones) can be considered just as horrid as the bloatware U.S. carriers put on a device when they sell it to you. Like bloatware, these skins do nothing but take up space, use processing power, need to be reformatted with OS upgrades, and take away from elegant and quick feel of stock Android. From the leaks thus far T-wiz looks about the same as it does on current GS II models, but who knows what Samsung will reveal on the 3rd. Moreover, rumor has it that the GS III will come with two skins available at launch: the new iteration of TouchWiz, and the stock ICS launcher. But even if that rumor turns out to be false, you can always download a 3rd party launcher, such as, NOVA or Apex.

BcSirstaroth

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
T-wiz and other OEM skin overlays (like Sense on HTC phones) can be considered just as horrid as the bloatware U.S. carriers put on a device when they sell it to you. Like bloatware, these skins do nothing but take up space, use processing power, need to be reformatted with OS upgrades, and take away from elegant and quick feel of stock Android. From the leaks thus far T-wiz looks about the same as it does on current GS II models, but who knows what Samsung will reveal on the 3rd. Moreover, rumor has it that the GS III will come with two skins available at launch: the new iteration of TouchWiz, and the stock ICS launcher. But even if that rumor turns out to be false, you can always download a 3rd party launcher, such as, NOVA or Apex.

Oh ok I see. I'm kind of worried about rooting since this will be my first android phone but maybe after a couple of months I'll eventually want to learn how to root it and load those other launchers.

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Oh ok I see. I'm kind of worried about rooting since this will be my first android phone but maybe after a couple of months I'll eventually want to learn how to root it and load those other launchers.

You don't need to root to run a different launcher. Just download from the androind market (aka play store).

coinmanmat

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
Wow people are so quick to judge, until May 3rd rolls around and the phone is officially unveiled we know absolutely NOTHING about its specs other than it has a quad core Exynos CPU on board. All of these mock ups, sketches and pics are nothing more than rumors. I have faith in Samsung that the Galaxy S III will be a great phone.
As for Touchwiz, ive used several Android devices over the past 2 years and as far as custom UIs go, I have to say I think Touchwiz is the best out of all of them. That being said is it perfect, NO it is not but compared to Motorola's UI which I find is extremely confusing and HTC Sense (with the exception of Ver.4) is laggy that Touchwiz is the better of them.

cruiserandmax

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Isn't the thinking the NA version of the GS3 will not be able to use the quad core Exynos due to lack of LTE on that SoC? A lot of people seem to supect a Snapdragon CPU will be used in the NA GS3, presumably the S4.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Isn't the thinking the NA version of the GS3 will not be able to use the quad core Exynos due to lack of LTE on that SoC? A lot of people seem to supect a Snapdragon CPU will be used in the NA GS3, presumably the S4.

It's safe to assume that this will be the case, but we won't know for sure until May 3rd. HTC did it for the very same reason, though.