In one handy article. You're welcome

http://www.androidcentral.com/unrave...t-expect-may-3
    04-27-2012 01:05 PM
    Nice article, but you and every other reviewer/blogger NEVER mentions Canada in your posts. I understand that we don't really register on your radar, but it would be nice to mention us once in a while
    04-27-2012 01:23 PM
    Release Date

Can Samsung really afford to wait months to release the S3 given that the HTC One X, seemingly its main competitor, will be released in the US on May 6th and is already available for preorder?

Screen Tech

Why do you presume the S3 will have Super AMOLED and not the Super AMOLED Plus? The Galaxy S2 was upgraded to Super AMOLED Plus...it would seem pretty ridiculous to release a flagship successor and downgrade the screen back to Super AMOLED. I guess anything's possible...
    04-27-2012 02:04 PM
    It's funny one thing was officially released by Samsung (processor), but everything else is under wraps (officially). Based on this, I think we'll be surprised by what the phone looks like and what's in it. But then again, I could be wrong.
    04-27-2012 02:08 PM
    Release Date

Can Samsung really afford to wait months to release the S3 given that the HTC One X, seemingly its main competitor, will be released in the US on May 6th and is already available for preorder?

Screen Tech

Why do you presume the S3 will have Super AMOLED and not the Super AMOLED Plus? The Galaxy S2 was upgraded to Super AMOLED Plus...it would seem pretty ridiculous to release a flagship successor and downgrade the screen back to Super AMOLED. I guess anything's possible...
    Screen tech...because nowhere have we seen that they are actually producing an HD SAMOLED+ panel. Putting the + would increase the physical panel size, which would increase the actual screen size. That's why Sammy jumped to a 4.3" display in the SGSII. The panel was just physically bigger.
    04-27-2012 02:10 PM
    Screen tech...because nowhere have we seen that they are actually producing an HD SAMOLED+ panel. Putting the + would increase the physical panel size, which would increase the actual screen size. That's why Sammy jumped to a 4.3" display in the SGSII. The panel was just physically bigger.
    Hence the expected increase from 4.3" to 4.6-4.8"?
    04-27-2012 02:17 PM
    In one handy article. You're welcome

http://www.androidcentral.com/unrave...t-expect-may-3
    Alex, great article.

I posted this in the blog:
    ------------------------
    The Samsung S3 will have to at least equal the Samsung Galaxy S II HD specs from September 26, 2011:

http://www.androidcentral.com/samsun...-display-korea
    720p HD (1280X720)
    Super AMOLED
    4.65-inch screen
    Slim 9.5mm
    Large battery capacity of 1850mAh
    NFC (Near Field Communication)
    8 megapixel camera
    04-29-2012 09:08 PM
    Good job on the article. One question though

I feel as though we have a lot of rumors but all of them seem reasonable and most likely the specs are pretty close, is there anything new we can expect? Any surprises really? Something that sets them apart from the crowd? Something as simple as flash on the front of the phone for the front camera?
    04-30-2012 01:03 AM
    Hence the expected increase from 4.3" to 4.6-4.8"?
    Sorry didn't see your reply. We've already seen a 4.65" HD SAMOLED panel, so logical thinking would lead me to believe that it would need to be bigger, or Samsung would have had to figure out a way to pack more pixels in the same physical size.

I'm not saying that isn't possible, just look what Apple did, but at the same time that was LCD, and this is AMOLED. They aren't built the same exact way so that trick might not work.
    04-30-2012 09:47 AM
    Sorry didn't see your reply. We've already seen a 4.65" HD SAMOLED panel, so logical thinking would lead me to believe that it would need to be bigger, or Samsung would have had to figure out a way to pack more pixels in the same physical size.

I'm not saying that isn't possible, just look what Apple did, but at the same time that was LCD, and this is AMOLED. They aren't built the same exact way so that trick might not work.
    Well I'm hoping for Plus. After handling the One X at an AT&T store I was blown away by the screen. It really did look fake.

Samsung seems to be pretty proud of their screens so their flagship device needs to impress. Sure they can do a good job with regular Super AMOLED but I think HTC has followed Apple's suit by delivering beautiful displays and Samsung won't want to get left behind.
    04-30-2012 10:17 AM
    Well I'm hoping for Plus. After handling the One X at an AT&T store I was blown away by the screen. It really did look fake.

Samsung seems to be pretty proud of their screens so their flagship device needs to impress. Sure they can do a good job with regular Super AMOLED but I think HTC has followed Apple's suit by delivering beautiful displays and Samsung won't want to get left behind.
    Agreed. Samsung is the most powerful of the Android manufacturers, and if they really want to go toe-to-toe with Apple, they need to deliver on display tech.
    04-30-2012 12:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD