Are we gonna be 'Cored' ????

anon(469638)

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
So much hype is surrounding the SGS3!

And for good reason. It's the follow up to a device that had mass market appeal and stole some limelight from Apples iPhone.

And yet...

With the newest arrival to be unleaded today, I can't but feel as if the hype might turn to utter disappointment. Are we to be like Apple followers and be...dare I say it...

Cored???

Are we going to be doomed to see a simple refresh of last years device?

We all sat and laughed at the Apple followers as they reeled back from their disappointment and sudden justification of what Apple did with the 4S.

Are we going to have to bite the bullet and do the same???

Let me hear what you guys think. I'm hoping this doesn't happen.

BcSirstaroth

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
I personally think we might except to see the S3 be more related to how the iPhone 3GS became the iPhone 4; there will be some cosmetic changes and internal changes that will turn it into a completely different phone and set a new standard.

I'm just excited and I'll throw my money at whatever.

phillyphreak

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
I have an upgrade burning a hole in my pocket right now (its only been 3 days) I'm tempted to get the razr maxx for the battery life but can't get myself to purchase a device that's 5 months old. Part of me wants practicality and the majority wants the "latest and greatest" Even if it's only for a couple months. I'll be watching closely.

kidstechno

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately, there's only so much realistically you can do to a phone and keep it within specifications that customers desire. Keep in mind you have to cram all the internal parts inside something someone is able to hold in their hand and that fits in their pocket.

Although that doesn't stop engineers from still making it look good. I think the One X was an amazing design change from the standard cut and pasted Android phone. It just looks.. sexy and hella sleek (yes I just used hella).

From what we've seen so far of the S3 in leaked photos, it really doesn't look that different from the S2. Granted, the S2 is a beautiful device (and freaking LIGHT), I think if Samsung can knock it out of the park in the specs department, most people wouldn't care about looks. Besides, there's so many options of cases and covers nowadays you can pretty much mold a phone to however you want.

I'm on Sprint and my upgrade is coming in June, so will be interesting to see how it compares to Evo 4g LTE which is currently what I'm eyeing (already decided against the Nexus).

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Just PLEASE tell me the phone doesn't look like that blob of spilled paint that Samsung is using as the event logo.

It wouldn't surprise me to see a manufacturer try to break out of the mold by simple re-packaging one of these days. (Looking at you Apple)

(and yes I did spell mold that way on purpose).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary