New Touchwiz

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
What do you know, Phil also got to see this. HERE's the video.

Is it not fresh enough? Too much like the old Touchwiz? And more importantly, is it better than Sense 4.0?

kkapoorr

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I find Touchwiz kinda cheap looking. Doesn't have the premium feeling Sense 4.0 does. Heck I'd even go for Timescape UI over Touchwiz...

DroidDev

Superstar Status
Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
I agree, I like Sense 4.0 better. But then again how many of us are going to switch to AOSP ICS when DEVs here and over on XDA get it on the device?

Reactions: Pieface

AndroidBlizzard

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Can someone explain why Sense 4 is better (other than personal preference)?

Customization abilities
Icon layout
Lockscreen
3D animations
Minimalist shortcuts
Card style multitasking
App drawer with frequent, download options
Simple but effective notification center
Widgets are resizable(TW 4.0 doesn't have this advanatage anymore)
Camera interface is less crowded WITH more options
Revised setting menu from sense 3.0 -easier to use

The list goes on and on.....

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
This sounds pretty slick...never thought I would want/need this feature on a phone, but I think it could really come in handy. Is this available already elsewhere on other phones and I'm just a silly unaware goofball?

Speaking of multimedia, the Galaxy S III includes picture-in-picture capabilities for watching video in the top corner of the screen while performing other tasks in the background, which is a neat little inclusion.

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I think its ok. Its the features that has me locked in. TW is still Android at heart just with different clothes but the accessories are perfect. Lol. The features are the dealbreaker for me not rooting to stock ICS.

E_man

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I really like the features they added. I could see sticking to a rooted version of this over stock AOSP. However, it needs to be themed. Bad. In my opinion, the look is fugly. Sense visually looks a lot nicer imho. At least the new one, hated sense 3.5, with the few times I played with a Sense 3.5 phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1